Weird conversation, of course with a russian.

face

Not saying eveyrone from russia is weird. Please.

So i received a friend request from this profile:

Red flags all over the place, but i clicked accept instead of  ignore, and before i coul remove him, i saw the message  _SERAGA_ is typing a message at the bottom of the window. So obviously i waited, because, curious. This is the chat as it happened. I ued google translate.

Never tell your password to anyone.
Face: ?
_SEREGA_: что ?     (what)
Face: english
_SEREGA_: no
Face: i dont speak russian
_SEREGA_: Yes
_SEREGA_: i dont speak russian
Face: что вы хотите (what do you want)
_SEREGA_: ничег
_SEREGA_: ничего (nothing)
Face: что вы добавить мне Ð´Ð»Ñ ? (why did you add me)
_SEREGA_: добавлÑй (adds)
Face: что вы имеете в виду (what do you mean)
_SEREGA_: чтоб Ñ‚Ñ‹ Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð´Ð¾Ð±Ð°Ð²Ð¸Ð» в Ð´Ñ€ÑƒÐ·ÑŒÑ (i wantd to add you as friend)
_SEREGA_: ☺
_SEREGA_: ☻
Face: почему (why)
 xnj gjxtve
_SEREGA_: что почему (what why)
Face: Ñ‚Ñ‹ проÑто Ñлучайно добавить Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð±ÐµÐ· причины (did you just randomly add me for no reason? )
_SEREGA_ :  Ð½Ñƒ и ладно (well, okay)
Face: bye
_SEREGA_ is now Offline. (I removed him)

What the hell? Anyone had anything similar happen before? Is it a harmless weird guy, or some new scam tactic im not aware of? (I'm sorry, im kinda paranoid about things like this) My first thought after this was that this guy was randomly adding people to boost his friends list to appear like a regular user. Could that be it?

Not saying eveyrone from russia is weird. Please.

So i received a friend request from this profile:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198143688403/

Red flags all over the place, but i clicked accept instead of  ignore, and before i coul remove him, i saw the message  _SERAGA_ is typing a message at the bottom of the window. So obviously i waited, because, curious. This is the chat as it happened. I ued google translate.

Never tell your password to anyone.

Face: ?

_SEREGA_: что ?     (what)

Face: english

_SEREGA_: no

Face: i dont speak russian

_SEREGA_: Yes

_SEREGA_: i dont speak russian

Face: что вы хотите (what do you want)

_SEREGA_: ничег

_SEREGA_: ничего (nothing)

Face: что вы добавить мне Ð´Ð»Ñ ? (why did you add me)

_SEREGA_: добавлÑй (adds)

Face: что вы имеете в виду (what do you mean)

_SEREGA_: чтоб Ñ‚Ñ‹ Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð´Ð¾Ð±Ð°Ð²Ð¸Ð» в Ð´Ñ€ÑƒÐ·ÑŒÑ (i wantd to add you as friend)

_SEREGA_: ☺

_SEREGA_: ☻

Face: почему (why)

xnj gjxtve

_SEREGA_: что почему (what why)

Face: Ñ‚Ñ‹ проÑто Ñлучайно добавить Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð±ÐµÐ· причины (did you just randomly add me for no reason? )

_SEREGA_ :  Ð½Ñƒ и ладно (well, okay)

Face: bye

_SEREGA_ is now Offline. (I removed him)

What the hell? Anyone had anything similar happen before? Is it a harmless weird guy, or some new scam tactic im not aware of? (I'm sorry, im kinda paranoid about things like this) My first thought after this was that this guy was randomly adding people to boost his friends list to appear like a regular user. Could that be it?

I usually get random invite with the same situation. It's what happens when you're Senpai. They want to get noticed. Most of the random(non-phisher) ones would give me a sweet compliment or have a nice little convo, I tend to keep those on my list.

I usually get random invite with the same situation. It's what happens when you're Senpai. They want to get noticed. Most of the random(non-phisher) ones would give me a sweet compliment or have a nice little convo, I tend to keep those on my list.

like me wubs? <3 mikasa is still mine tho

I once got an add from this random German guy who said that he wanted to learn how to play Spy properly and he added me because everyone in the server was raging at me and going pyro. 

Ive been added for 2 reasons:

1. My aussies and they want me to help them in mvm

2. My aussies and they want me to teach them how to be traders.

It's what happens when you're Senpai.

Assuming you were using Google Translate, you could have misunderstood what he was trying to say, as Google Translate isn't exactly the most reliable form of translation.

Sometimes people just try to get on your friends list in preparation for a scam which they'll attempt later.  For example, being on your friends list makes it easier for them to impersonate one of the other people on your list.  If you see that a person from your list is contacting you, you are way less likely to even think to check to make sure that it's not an impersonator.  Sometimes people also add you just to hit you up for free items later on, or sometimes just to get advice and information from you about how to trade for profit.

Assuming you were using Google Translate, you could have misunderstood what he was trying to say, as Google Translate isn't exactly the most reliable form of translation.

Not in this conversation. As a Russian, i can confirm that translation was quite decent and understandable.

Boosting his friend list, for his own reasons, or just random add without any reason. One of three.

P.S: Mods, if you'll pass by this thread, could you move it to better sub-forum?

Archived