Manipulating prices in classifieds

RuffRyders

This is a easy and effective way to lower prices. Unfortunately many sellers fall for it.

All you need to do is to be the cheapest seller on the classifieds of a certain item. You are likely to get added as first. But what do you do? Ignore friend requests. Leave it there for few days.

Other sellers will think you have trouble selling the item at that "low" price and will create a classified at your price or even below.

This can work on hightier items like a domino effect from so far I have seen. For example S. Gunslinger.

On the other hand, there is a way to manipulate by listing a item that does not exist in classifieds yet. From my experience it works sometimes. For example SP: Robots killed is worth 1 key. I put as only seller up for sale at 2 keys. Next day I see a new seller entered with same price as mine, 2 keys.

Conclusion: low prices on hightier items can have a domino effect while highballing on hightier items as only seller will make the crowd follow you.

And the classifieds don't update sometimes. Most of the 4 days unsold at lower price are sold for 3 days.~

The domino effect has been in tons of trades. Like when buds were going down, people were buying for lower as soon as a decrease suggestion was posted, and most of these trades are, "buds are decreasing, quicksell or gtfo. " So your theory is fine, but the domino effect has been in play for quite a while.

The domino effect has been in tons of trades. Like when buds were going down, people were buying for lower as soon as a decrease suggestion was posted, and most of these trades are, "buds are decreasing, quicksell or gtfo. " So your theory is fine, but the domino effect has been in play for quite a while.

Off course, but with the classified it goes much faster and harder. In one sight you see all the prices from low to high, while on outpost you would have checked each trade which is not likely to happen. I doubt any traders researches first what all sellers are selling on outpost. I think instead they follow bp.tf price, take look on classifieds or just put them up for offers. Im talking about most traders

I admit when I want to sell a hightier item I check classifieds first to get a decent knowledge. And after then I put on outpost. I factor bp.tf price and experience too in it.

EDIT: Starting to happen! http://backpack.tf/classifieds/search/126/6/0 Suddenly 4 sellers selling Bills below 8 keys

Although on strange festives and such it has a stronger effect. Im not sure if these will go tomorrow or more will follow. 

My guess more will follow.

Same thing happened with the Rusty Reaper. After the suggestion was made 3-4 popped up at 5 ref. Before that only 1 person was selling for 5 and that was 2 days ago.

The "low price" manipulation shouldn't work if there is any demand for the item. When the seller doesn't respond, the buyer generally moves on to option 2. What I have noticed iz that classifieds does tend to have low prices for many items. This is likely due to posters having a more direct view of competitor price than you would on outpost.

Archived