MvM Australium Talk(Official)

BuzzKillDude (MvM)

Aussie scatter on end of 2nd.

3-13 - nothing special

Hey man, you got one of the most valuable australiums- I envy you

Some people get blutsaugers tomislavs, axtinguishers- But you got my dream aussie

GG

You can break the meta if everyone knows what they're doing.  This is the problem, generally only one or 2 people (in a game with randoms) really know what needs to be done at any given point in time, so you're pretty much stuck with the Medic/Engie/Soldier/Demo/Heavy/Scout set-up.  

Try MvM with 4 soldiers 1 engie and 1 medic sometime - it's fun.  You're probably gonna miss some cash, but if you keep it to minimum, it doesn't really matter.  

One meta breaker my party of players likes to use is instead of a scout, run a spy; if the spy is competent enough, they can act as both the money collector and do more work with the giants than the milk/fan combo can. Another one we sometimes use is instead of a bazooka/buff banner solly we use an air strike/b.a.s.e one; on the Rottenburg maps that thing is ridiculous thanks to the open areas of the map. 

Also quick-fix medic, because that shit is op :D

18 tours is all i could handle of seeing that map so many times and dealing with idiots bad players.  No aussie drops.  Traded for my Mini tho.

I was once in a party and we kept getting rekt by mediced demos.  Team couldnt figure it out, idk.  I switched to sniper of all things and killed medic at distance and done.  Sniper can be ridiculous with buffs.

I was once in a party and we kept getting rekt by mediced demos.  Team couldnt figure it out, idk.  I switched to sniper of all things and killed medic at distance and done.  Sniper can be ridiculous with buffs.

Yeaaahhh a lot of players don't realize that if you hit the heal targets of the Robo-medics, they will pop their ubers. Robo-Medics will only pop for themselves if they are running quick-fix.

Actually a good strategy with the uber-medics, is basically using crit canteens with a stock rocket launcher soldier and usually that kills them all in one blow.

I got an axtinguisher on my 7th (before the nerf) and managed to trade it for a pro KS aussie amby.

I did get a few good pro KS (ham, direct hit, grenade launcher) but everything else I got was mostly shit. I quit after my 33rd tour and just decided to buy the killstreaks I wanted and my aussie knife because it's cheaper than hoping to randomly get something i like after a tour.

I also stopped MvM because I was sick of playing with griefers and people who thought the liberty launcher and gunboats were viable. But it was fun playing with friends, we usually topped the leaderboard as spy (me) and sniper.

EDIT: A friend of mine got a frontier justice on his 33rd. Another got a minigun on his 41st and a sniper rifle on his 43rd. Getting that golden sniper rifle made him so happy (he's done UGC sniper before.)

it is very strange for me to read this. I've never completed a single tour (i still have the untradeable free mvm ticket as well). I don't really understand the point of killing waves of bots (that's what tower defense on my phone is for). However, I currently own 5 professional killstreak australiums (i've sold more than that previously) and I've bought and sold something like 50+ pro kits (i don't keep track, currently 8 in my inventory along with a mass of fabricators).

it is very strange for me to read this. I've never completed a single tour (i still have the untradeable free mvm ticket as well). I don't really understand the point of killing waves of bots (that's what tower defense on my phone is for). However, I currently own 5 professional killstreak australiums (i've sold more than that previously) and I've bought and sold something like 50+ pro kits (i don't keep track, currently 8 in my inventory along with a mass of fabricators).

I was thinking the same until this June. One day I was like "Hey, Imma try MvM!". Now it's the only mode I play. I think I forgot how to play without upgrades and stuff...

Also, Sniper + Spy. both skilled ofc, can effectively replace the scout, demo and maybe heavy slots in the team. Get a skilled Pyro and everything just melts in seconds.

These classes are versatile, unlike the meta ones, but you actually have to be skilled enough to use them.

Actually i tried battle medic once with my friends. Me replacing the heavy. When maxed out, the blut deals insane amouts of damage, completely nullifying the damage recieved. Medic syringe dosed with mad milk is always great for those pesky super scoot.

let me list the pros and cons

Pro:

Mobility (Medic is the second fastest class next to scoot)

Base regen

ability to slow down targets (with mad milk syringe upgrade)

Same firing speed when not upgraded compared to minigun

Less reliance from other medics

ability to heal and deploy shield when needed

You don't need to rev your syringe gun

Cons

less health ( medic is quite fragile)

this means you are more likely to get blown up by giant crocket firing sollys

Less overall damage output (when not crit boosted) meaning a slightly larger burden on the teams' demo and soldier

Conclusion

This may not be enough to shift the meta. but heck. it was a hell lot of fun.

Actually i tried battle medic once with my friends. Me replacing the heavy. When maxed out, the blut deals insane amouts of damage, completely nullifying the damage recieved. Medic syringe dosed with mad milk is always great for those pesky super scoot.

let me list the pros and cons

Pro:

Mobility (Medic is the second fastest class next to scoot)

Base regen

ability to slow down targets (with mad milk syringe upgrade)

Same firing speed when not upgraded compared to minigun

Less reliance from other medics

ability to heal and deploy shield when needed

You don't need to rev your syringe gun

Cons

less health ( medic is quite fragile)

this means you are more likely to get blown up by giant crocket firing sollys

Less overall damage output (when not crit boosted) meaning a slightly larger burden on the teams' demo and soldier

Conclusion

This may not be enough to shift the meta. but heck. it was a hell lot of fun.

I might just try this sometime, I haven't heard of battle medics :3

• 2 weeks later...

On Tour 80 right now with nothing good... Only Australium I got was on Tour 53, an Australium Blutsauger when it was ~10 Keys. Upsetting.

And this is also why I hate kids who always think they're going to get good things after doing only ONE tour. Sometimes you're not lucky at all and you'll end up being like me.

And you'll end up filling Gaben's pockets more and more.

Quick Update: Tour 87, Found a Knife.

There's always hope.

Archived