Source Filmmaker Help desk/guide's

Zcrab

hi, when I make the unusual effect Disco Beat Down it looks like a few pixels instead of the actual effect. how do I fix this? thank you. :)

It's because the .vmt file for the particle is made in a way so that SFM won't read it correctly, it's easy to fix however!

2dvof2p.png

Actually i have one prob. I cannot find ANY particle effects from the folder where they are suppossed to be in. This is really annoying cause i would really like to mess around whit particle effects. Plz

Hialp c:

Are you sure you are in the right directory?

You need go to SourceFilmaker>Game>TF>Particles

I have a problem. I can't seem to import custom taunt animations. Like the Pop it don't drop it taunts. Whenever I import them onto a model it doesn't seem to do anything. Help me oh mighty Zcrab.

I have a problem. I can't seem to import custom taunt animations. Like the Pop it don't drop it taunts. Whenever I import them onto a model it doesn't seem to do anything. Help me oh mighty Zcrab.

How are you adding them through SFM?

How are you adding them through SFM?

I used GCFScape to export the animations mdl file, I put the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SourceFilmmaker\game\usermod\models . However, when I import the mdl, it just remains stationary. I even imported it on some hwm models with no avail. (Yes I imported the animations on the model it was meant for.)

I used GCFScape to export the animations mdl file, I put the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SourceFilmmaker\game\usermod\models . However, when I import the mdl, it just remains stationary. I even imported it on some hwm models with no avail. (Yes I imported the animations on the model it was meant for.)

I think you need to put them into SourceFilmaker>game>workshop>Elements

Then you would add them to the charecter by right clicking the charecter, then Import>Animation and nvaigate to where you saved them.

I think you need to put them into SourceFilmaker>game>workshop>Elements

Then you would add them to the charecter by right clicking the charecter, then Import>Animation and nvaigate to where you saved them.

Ok, I'll try it and get back to you.

Yeah there's no such folder.

Are you sure? There should be, I haven't tried importing thoose animations, but I just know that the ones I have installed are in that folder. I downloaded mine from the workshop so it installed automatically, but I don't think it created it's own folder.

It should proably also be installed in your usermod and not the workshop, but I will see about it, can you link me to the animations so I can try and install them?

Sorry I forgot to post.

I did like you and mine works perfectly fine, try reinstalling them.

Does other animations work if you put them on charecters?(not sequences)

I don't have any other custom animations. ;3;

Just try to tell me exactly what you did to install them, I'll try to follow what you did to see if it's me that's wrong.

I don't have any other custom animations. ;3;

Just try to tell me exactly what you did to install them, I'll try to follow what you did to see if it's me that's wrong.

I did exactly what it says on the download page.

Download a custom animation from the workshop and she if that will work

I did exactly what it says on the download page.

Download a custom animation from the workshop and she if that will work

I don't know how to download from teh workshop ;3;

Also, all the instructions on the download page are for putting the taunt in game, so Iunno what you're talking about.

I don't know how to download from teh workshop ;3;

Also, all the instructions on the download page are for putting the taunt in game, so Iunno what you're talking about.

They have the same folders...

They have the same folders...

Source Film Maker doesn't have a custom folder tho.

Also, this is getting to the point where it would be easier if I just added you.

Archived