d0 for DOTA 2 mod

NecroTed

d0 for mod?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. d0 for mod?

• Yes
    • No

I know this has been discussed before, especially in do's mod application (which was rejected), but I wish to bring this up once more:

d0 should become a dota 2 mod :D

Why?

- The dota 2 site is under-moderated at the moment, in my opinion. You have 1 guy who had shown 0 interest and activity in the site so far ( http://dota2.backpack.tf/u/76561198050680230 ), a guy who has 0 clue in dota 2 trading or even the game ( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067575136/games/?tab=all - he doesnt even have it ;.;) and Teeird, who at least has some experience. Not the best mod line-up, eh?

- d0 has shown large interest and participation in dota2.bp.tf, which was evidently seen at its birth, where he was moderating the suggestions himself consistently for the first couple of days. This self moderation shows his capabilities as a potential moderator.

- He has 2000+ hours and some trading knowledge within dota 2

- We already have enough people suggesting, that's definitely not a problem

- With him becoming a mod, he'll be able to also speed up the accepting process (although this isn't as a big problem as it was before cashew was made a mod, but is still an advantage nonetheless) allowing more suggestions to flow through

- We need more set standards for suggesting. People, as myself, currently have no clue sometimes what are the best methods of creating a suggestion and what should and/or shouldn't be used. Like polar set up the cheat sheet for TF2 unusual suggesting, I believe d0 can do something very similar. This is something that none of the current mods have yet taken interest of. For example: 

- http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/16132-psa-dota2bptf-suggestions-for-higher-tier-stuff-more-info/ - d0 made this whole PSA. All Teeird did was copy paste most of it and put made an      announcement: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/meetthestats/announcements/detail/174833172842285171

- He's shown dedication to the website. I mean, he beat me recently on the top contributors list: http://backpack.tf/top/contributors This shows his capability as a moderator as being one of the most knowledgeable suggestors on this website. 

- He can remain as a regular user on the TF2 side of the site as he may be more useful as a suggester there. 

- There's too much work for him to both moderate the site and make suggestions, as suggested by Brad in his mod application. 

As shown in these points above, its highly advantageous to recruit d0 as a dota 2 moderator. I honestly don't see why Brad rejected his moderator application (for the dota 2 side). We have enough people suggesting on the dota 2 side, and I believe d0's recruitment will help the site more than not, as the quality of the suggestions will definitely improve rather than the quantity. Im sure he'll be able to attract more members to suggest with the improved quality on this mess of a site that it is currently. 

Do you agree or not? Leave that in the poll (or comments! Do you have any reason for or against (or both? :o)? Feel free to discuss!

Glad to see you taking such a positive attitude. I think at this time it is best to keep you as one of the top people suggesting, especially for dota. We've came to the conclusion that you were a better fit in that role and has you pointed out we definitely need that help on that front :)

backpack.tf is 100% user generated content. The mods "only" click an accept/reject button. That may seem like "power" but a lot of guides on the site are actually written by our users. You are more than welcome to write some guides to help other users and we'll definitely have to work out something to reward those who do contribute in a major way like this on the site.

Thank you for taking the time to apply and for all your contributions on the site. Hopefully you will stick around while we sort out this 'mess' and help make it a better place for everyone :D

Brad

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/10593-application-d0-͡°-͜ʖ-͡°-tf2-andor-dota-2/?p=180813

I know, but I disagree with brad's response. There has been a time frame between then and now. I believe there has been a change of attitude from d0 since then, or at least a large dedication proven to him towards the dota 2 site. From my points mentioned, I believe he'll be more useful as a mod in the current state of the website than a suggester, which we currently have enough of in my opinion. 

Pros > Cons

I believe there has been a change of attitude from d0 since then

If you read his posts and blah d0 said not to ask him for help regarding suggestions anymore when he was rejected the 2nd time.

Don't think that brings a very positive attitude imo...

EDIT: In my eyes d0 was always better at being a suggestor than a mod. However I may be biased as I've been here for a while and I've seen many great potential mods/suggesters go by(dunno if my bar is too high)

If you read his posts and blah d0 said not to ask him for help regarding suggestions anymore when he was rejected the 2nd time.

Don't think that brings a very positive attitude imo...

EDIT: In my eyes d0 was always better at being a suggestor than a mod. However I may be biased as I've been here for a while and I've seen many great potential mods/suggesters go by(dunno if my bar is too high)

Ignore what I said, sorta worded it wrongly. Anywho, the reason is that it's too much work for d0 to act like a mod while still making suggestions, from his eyes. 

He doesn't like being under too much expectancy to perform multiple tasks, and, in my opinion, his potential for a mod is better than a suggester at this stage of time on dota2.bp.tf.

He said that he won't apply again, but he did say he would be glad to help if someone reaches out.

Anyways I agree with you wanting him to be a mod, he seems fit for the job.

(also lol'ing at Teeird liking ur post cuz too much work on his shoulder)

He said that he won't apply again, but he did say he would be glad to help if someone reaches out.

Anyways I agree with you wanting him to be a mod, he seems fit for the job.

(also lol'ing at Teeird liking ur post cuz too much work on his shoulder)

I think he didn't want to apply again because he expects the same answer and doesn't want to keep bugging Brad about this issue.

But if we, as a community, support the cause, then we can impose this position on him, as this is a community website.

Which is why I hope Brad also takes into account the community opinion (which is why there's a poll + I'm encouraging comments)

I think he didn't want to apply again because he expects the same answer and doesn't want to keep bugging Brad about this issue.

But if we, as a community, support the cause, then we can impose this position on him, as this is a community website.

Which is why I hope Brad also takes into account the community opinion (which is why there's a poll + I'm encouraging comments)

look wot i found http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/16352-dota2backpacktf-and-d0/

I think d0 would be much better as a suggestor, and he is needed, especially with Dota 2 suggestions.

But that's why he would bestow his all holy suggesting knowledge on us, setting up guidelines , fixing mistakes, creating PSA's etc

It's better to have many good suggesters than a single one.

But that's why he would bestow his all holy suggesting knowledge on us, setting up guidelines , fixing mistakes, creating PSA's etc

It's better to have many good suggesters than a single one.

I wouldn't say d0 is the only good suggester, I could name alot that are more than just avreage.

I wouldn't say d0 is the only good suggester, I could name alot that are more than just avreage.

Exactly. I believe he has more use as a mod at this point, since we do indeed have enough good suggesters for the site ^^

Why?

- The dota 2 site is under-moderated at the moment, in my opinion. You have 1 guy who had shown 0 interest and activity in the site so far ( http://dota2.backpack.tf/u/76561198050680230 ), a guy who has 0 clue in dota 2 trading or even the game ( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067575136/games/?tab=all - he doesnt even have it ;. ;) and Teeird, who at least has some experience. Not the best mod line-up, eh?

Jing has said he will be more active now, so expect to see him more now. While yes I don't play dota2, I'm a fast learner, which is why I volunteered to help Teeird and get down from the ~40 pages of suggestions there were. I only look at the easy suggestions that don't require proof, making it easy to understand. As said before, I'm only a temp mod, so soon I'll be back to tf2 only.

- He has 2000+ hours and some trading knowledge within dota 2

- We already have enough people suggesting, that's definitely not a problem

- With him becoming a mod, he'll be able to also speed up the accepting process (although this isn't as a big problem as it was before cashew was made a mod, but is still an advantage nonetheless) allowing more suggestions to flow through

- We need more set standards for suggesting. People, as myself, currently have no clue sometimes what are the best methods of creating a suggestion and what should and/or shouldn't be used. Like polar set up the cheat sheet for TF2 unusual suggesting, I believe d0 can do something very similar. This is something that none of the current mods have yet taken interest of. For example: 

- http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/16132-psa-dota2bptf-suggestions-for-higher-tier-stuff-more-info/ - d0 made this whole PSA. All Teeird did was copy paste most of it and put made an      announcement: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/meetthestats/announcements/detail/174833172842285171

I don't argue against d0's knowledge.. He obviously knows more about dota2 then most people. 

If Jing is truly going to help dota2, there'll hardly be any suggestions up. If there are, they'll still be <5 days for now. There's no real backup of suggestions.

I agree that there needs to be more standards, but read what Brad said on d0's application that knavesmith linked here.

The only mod who's really made a guide is polar.. Numerous guides in general discussion are made from nonmods, like http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/3203-guide-making-good-suggestions and some of the pinned ones

- He's shown dedication to the website. I mean, he beat me recently on the top contributors list: http://backpack.tf/top/contributors This shows his capability as a moderator as being one of the most knowledgeable suggestors on this website. 

- He can remain as a regular user on the TF2 side of the site as he may be more useful as a suggester there. 

- There's too much work for him to both moderate the site and make suggestions, as suggested by Brad in his mod application. 

As shown in these points above, its highly advantageous to recruit d0 as a dota 2 moderator. I honestly don't see why Brad rejected his moderator application (for the dota 2 side). We have enough people suggesting on the dota 2 side, and I believe d0's recruitment will help the site more than not, as the quality of the suggestions will definitely improve rather than the quantity. Im sure he'll be able to attract more members to suggest with the improved quality on this mess of a site that it is currently. 

I can't argue with how dedicated d0 is. However at the moment, 95% of his suggestions are based off the scm and are extremely easy to make. Being a knowledgable suggestor alone isn't enough either. Being professional is another major part, and there have been some worries about that, as shown in his application.

There's really only 2 or 3 people that are trying to price items worth over a key. That's where the bulk of the items are and where quality > quantity comes into play. 

It's always something =P

Accuracy below 90% - made it 96%

Not showing much interest in helping - go through all pages + event + advertise I wanna help users.

Professionalism not being there - making guides, making sure to seperate the jokes (because I am a huge clown) in GB and steam chat, keeping suggestions 100% clean for off-topic and stay positive and responsible in the forums.

It was more of an, I wouldn't say aggresive... But perhaps was something Brad felt when we were discussion the application. Because I was very much giving critcism and pointing out the mistakes on the site. Obv that was only for Dota2. I called it a 'mess' due to the lack of guides and support, a long with tons of suggestions at time. (Not sure why I would complain and then 'jump into the mess', obv I was ready to help :D).

It's just sorta weird to see Kaushu with no experiance accepting suggestions, for suggestors like Necro & Pyro(top dota2 suggestors) who "have no idea if I'm doing it all correct" and I'm just sitting there with no power of guidance or help them properly.

Obv making quantity atm cuz all the basic stuff aren't up yet. Was willing to mod and advice to get the ausp/frozen/cursed/auth stuff up. Perhaps no cap for higher belt suggestors and get all those stuff up in a week so we can focus on the standard trading items. But it's not easy when I'm taking the long walk doing all these and still get pointed at as a "quantity suggestor" with my mix of higher tier & TF2 unusuals. :P 

Full previous response - http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/16352-dota2backpacktf-and-d0/?p=183983

I would also like to clarify the "not helping" part that Derpeh wrote. That was for Dota2 suggestions with people adding me (got 10+ daily). I would simply redirect them to a mod instead. Plus I didn't get the response or fix for the site to have easier access to help them. So figured I'd let the mods do it. That lasted for like 2days then I started helping people again :P

Also thanks Kaushu/Teeird for being awesome & Banana/Necro for showing support.

It wasn't only my decision, the team as a whole made that decision. We were on the fence for a while but several events made us balance on the side of not adding him into the mod team. We do value the opinion of the community, and it had some weight in our decision but in the end it didn't feel like the right thing to do. We won't change our opinion until we see a clear change which won't happen overnight.

Archived