Trading Bots

Liddojunior

I have a few questions about trading bots. I've gone over the forums and have not found answers to all of my questions. 

Do you have any ? 

How often do you find it running out of stock ? 

How demanding is the bot ? Does it use a lot of resources ? 

Is it difficult to manage multiple functions in a single bot ? Buying hats, tickets, keys, paints etc ?

How successful has your bot been ? Would you recommend usage of a bot ? 

What do you use your bot for ? How many and what are the purpose of each ?

Have you used dispenser.tf ? If you have your own bot, do you prefer owning a bot or using dispenser.tf ? 

Is there a script to prevent accepting certain items with low hour accounts ?

If there is any other information that you believe to be important, please provide. It may have not come to mind. 

Do you have any ? I have a Key Bot and a Scrap/Donation Bot that is 2 in 1 (Kinda).

How often do you find it running out of stock ? ALOT

How demanding is the bot ? Does it use a lot of resources ? Very demanding, I have to restock it a bunch and I advertise it in my 1,500 Member Raffle Group.

Is it difficult to manage multiple functions in a single bot ? Buying hats, tickets, keys, paints etc ? Yes it is, I just haven't made my own yet.

How successful has your bot been ? Would you recommend usage of a bot ? Very successful. I came back after stocking it with about 70 ref one night and the next morning I had a shit load of keys.

What do you use your bot for ? How many and what are the purpose of each ? Keys and Metal. / Scrapbanking bot. 1 of each. To trade when I don't feel like it.

Have you used dispenser.tf ? If you have your own bot, do you prefer owning a bot or using dispenser.tf ? Never used it.

Is there a script to prevent accepting certain items with low hour accounts ? Not sure.

:D

I built a few key bank bots a while back and I'm currently in the process of building a bot that trades cryptocurrencies for items.

They didn't run out of stock often; they flipped keys for profit- they generally got metal rather than losing it.

The bots themselves used very little resources on the server I was using; you wouldn't notice any impact at all on your PC.

Implementing multiple functions is easy :)

Never used dispenser.tf.

Trading certain items is easy to implement; getting user data would not be hard either.

c:

Do you have any ? Yes, a trading card bot  

How often do you find it running out of stock ? not too often i tend to try to get it's stock up

How demanding is the bot ? Does it use a lot of resources ? it doesn't at all like 0% of cpu and 21,420 kb of memory

Is it difficult to manage multiple functions in a single bot ? Buying hats, tickets, keys, paints etc ? my bot only does one thing but it shouldn't be to hard

How successful has your bot been ? Would you recommend usage of a bot ? yes i keep all the profit on the bot's account and so far it's made a total of 40 keys profit i started by adding 3 keys worth of metal.

What do you use your bot for ? How many and what are the purpose of each ? 2 bots both buy steam trading cards for 1 scrap each foils for 1 rec each and booster packs for 1 rec each. Working on getting a bot that sells games for pure and one the buys/sells hats for pure (connected to backpack.tf prices so it knows how much to buy/sell for)

Have you used dispenser.tf ? If you have your own bot, do you prefer owning a bot or using dispenser.tf ?  dispenser sucks dont use it

Is there a script to prevent accepting certain items with low hour accounts ? i guess you can do that but i don't know why you would want to do that

if you need a bot to be made for you just contact me

I had a scrap banking bot once, it was going well, but then for some reason all the scrap turned untradable  http://steamcommunity.com/id/smallredtuba/

201 skrap never 2 b had

That is indeed strange. I would assume there would be a need to have somehow crafted an achievement weapon. Should go to steam support. 

Is it difficult to manage multiple functions in a single bot ? Buying hats, tickets, keys, paints etc ? Yes it is, I just haven't made my own yet.

Thanks. If you didn't make yourself how much did it cost for someone to make it for you ?

A thread about bots not made by bone?

Please, what was the reason of this. I've been interested in having a bot. And it would be a nice way to have trades going on while I have class, which are starting soon. 

-SNIP-

c:

How difficult was it to create ? 

-SNIP-

Thanks. Was wondering if it would be taxing on the computer. All computer functions do not seem affected ? 

That is indeed strange. I would assume there would be a need to have somehow crafted an achievement weapon. Should go to steam support. 

I never crafted anything on that account or ever had any achievement weapons. I'd only given scrap from my main ( this one ) to my bot. Dunno why it did that. I would try asking steam support but I thnk it's bad to have a bot, or so I've been told.

A bot it isn't easy to create requires knowledge of C#. Learn with basic projects first. 

Bots aren't difficult to create unless you don't know what are you doing. Computer tasks are unnaffected.

Do you have any ? Yah

How often do you find it running out of stock ? Well since i program my bots to trade my unwanted items i don't have stock

How demanding is the bot ? Does it use a lot of resources ? Depends on the item. nop

Is it difficult to manage multiple functions in a single bot ? Buying hats, tickets, keys, paints etc ? Ofc 

How successful has your bot been ? Would you recommend usage of a bot ? Meh..(Only among phishers). Yes

What do you use your bot for ? How many and what are the purpose of each ? Trade my unuwanted items, just 1

Have you used dispenser.tf ? If you have your own bot, do you prefer owning a bot or using dispenser.tf ? Nop, dunno.

Is there a script to prevent accepting certain items with low hour accounts ? There are no scripts in C#. If it's a human it's easy to notice low hor accounts, but the bot with that kind of restrictions would be useless(IMO)

How difficult was it to create ?

Not particularly; it helps if you have experience in the language you choose to use. Obviously the more items and trading pairs you use, the longer (but not necessarily more complicated) the algorithms become. Shoot me a PM if you need help or something.

A bot it isn't easy to create requires knowledge of C#.

Incorrect, you can use any language. The SteamBot library just utilises the same webAPI any other steam library does. You would base it on web calls

Were you able to make the trading card bot using the Jessecar files?

Yap GenericInventory *flies away*

I have a card bank bot btw :3

Incorrect, you can use any language. The SteamBot library just utilises the same webAPI any other steam library does. You would base it on web calls

Why would u use c++ or any other language if it was coded in C#?
Do you want more issues?

Were you able to make the trading card bot using the Jessecar files?

You can, yes. It's just a library based around the steam APIs.

So, bot must be on dedicated pc or you can have 2 steam windows on 1 pc? (basically, main acc+bot)

dunno why people ask this, steam.exe and the bot are separeted processes. yes you can.

Yap GenericInventory *flies away*

I have a card bank bot btw :3

Why would u use c++ or any other language if it was coded in C#?

Do you want more issues?

It uses an API >.< SteamBot is just a library to use the API. Steam does nothing with C#. There are more libraries in different languages that utilise it as well.

More problems? As far as I've heard, the c# implementation has more problems than using a different library or calling the API directly

It uses an API >.< SteamBot is just a library to use the API. Steam does nothing with C#. There are more libraries in different languages that utilise it as well.

More problems? As far as I've heard, the c# implementation has more problems than using a different library or calling the API directly

The steambot runs as its own exe correct ?

I have visual studio so I can compile the code found on jessecar's bot anything else I should know 

How does a launched bot interface look like ? And using an existing alt account seems viable to be used as the bot account correct ?

Is there anyone who would be able to create a bot for me and send me the code and let me know how to install it and get it started. 

The steambot runs as its own exe correct ?

I have visual studio so I can compile the code found on jessecar's bot anything else I should know 

How does a launched bot interface look like ? And using an existing alt account seems viable to be used as the bot account correct ?

Is there anyone who would be able to create a bot for me and send me the code and let me know how to install it and get it started.

It will run as a .exe if you run it on windows, yes. There generally is no interface unless you code on; rather pointless.

I would personally advise against using windows and c#, so if I were to code you one, I would be using node.js.

It will run as a .exe if you run it on windows, yes. There generally is no interface unless you code on; rather pointless.

I would personally advise against using windows and c#, so if I were to code you one, I would be using node.js.

node.js would be better ? I'm not familiar with javascript. Well then again, I'm only covered in the basics of c++ so I dont mind what language is being used. 

What is the main difference besides language ?

I know C# has nothing to do.I was talking about Jessecar96 SteamBot which supports trading. Do you think that a person with the knowledge of the OP can program such thing?

I know C# has nothing to do.I was talking about Jessecar96 SteamBot which supports trading. Do you think that a person with the knowledge of the OP can program such thing?

You inferred you could only code such bots natively in c#

They all support trading lol. That's API based as well.

Archived