Someone changed the price I suggested...?

Radu RD

Hey, a while ago, I made a suggestion for a price update of the Green Energy Otolaryngologist, which is here http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5193d45eba25368950000002

The initial suggestion was 1.8-2.1 buds, and it got accepted that way. A few days later, it dropped to 1.7-2 buds, and now it's at 1.6-1.9 buds. Can somebody please explain to me why the suggestion got accepted in the first place, if the mods keep changing the price? Thanks for your time.

No one is directly changing the price you suggested.  Unusual prices are saved as $USD values.  So, when the prices of keys and buds change in terms of metal, and the $USD price of metal stays constant, the bud prices of unusuals change.  The $USD value you suggested is still the same.

Hopefully it makes sense the way I explained it.

No one is directly changing the price you suggested.  Unusual prices are saved as $USD values.  So, when the prices of keys and buds change in terms of metal, and the $USD price of metal stays constant, the bud prices of unusuals change.  The $USD value you suggested is still the same.

Hopefully it makes sense the way I explained it.

Alrighty, makes sense. Thanks for explaining.

As jymotion already said price fluctuates based on USD. You can read a full length example here to help your understanding: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php/topic/1661--of-hat/?p=17195

Works now. Thanks for the example, aswell.

Yeah, it's weird that unusuals are priced in USD, because I don't think traders are thinking "Dude, I can't spend more than 70$ on this unusual", while they have keys/buds in their backpacks.

Maybe there should be an option to choose whether tf2 curriencies should be remembered, or real world currencies. For example, if you're updating the price to 2.1-2.4 buds it should remain that way, and the USD price changes, so the 2.1-2.4 bud value would remain constant. Or updating the price to 74$, using as proof cash transactions, and the buds price changes, therefore the cash value would remain constant.

Works now. Thanks for the example, aswell.

Sorry about that, harder than I thought to copy paste a link on mobile.

Sorry about that, harder than I thought to copy paste a link on mobile.

No worries, I know that feeling. : P

Archived