vdf format reading

Slender Mann

so I am working on a bot that will (if successful) bank strange weapons using the backpack.tf api. I already have a bot up and running that buys all stranges for a scrap and sells for a rec, using Jessecar's SteamBot in C#. Aside from that I have no experience in c# but plenty in Java. I need to know two things: How do you retrieve the pricelist into a string, and then how do you parse it. I've tried to understand the Json parsing system but it is very confusing and I don't really want to go learn c# from the ground up. Also the Json format confuses me a lot, and I would prefer to use the vdf, but I can't find any information on that anywhere on the internet.

Please, if somebody could tell me what libraries you use to read this format, and how you retrieve it, or point me to a good tutorial, that would be amazing!

If somebody could give me clear instructions on reading the Json that would be ok too... i know how to open an input stream, but still need to know how to retrieve the data and what data structures to use for unpacking it.

Well the SteamKit source uses json, just look around in the source and you'll find some examples of using json data.

Archived