Reselling unusuals

Gestrain

Is it safe to buy quicksell unusuals and sell them for full price? I'm scared of getting stuck with an unusual that i wont be able to sell for its full price in ages, or even worse for the price i got it for... And yeah, i know that gifted unusuals have lower price.

Don't use bp.tf for your unusual pricing ever, ever, ever.

If you get an offer for a hat, see what it has sold for recently through trade histories.   If it's low enough compared to what it's been selling for, then go ahead and take it.

Not personally, but as a group, this is what traders generally dislike in an unusual : 

• Robo Hats
  • Robo Effects {not Anti-Freeze/Roboactive}
  • Heavy/Engineer hats
  • 3rd Generation Unusual Effects

Usually you can get higher prices from hype from recently released hats in unusual form.  

Some traders care about duped qualities also, and while this may be a factor in how well it will sell, you can safely tell others to piss off if they want a discount because it's duped, and the hat isn't even worth 2+ buds.

in my opinion, look for quicksells where you make at least %40 profit. try to sell it for pure at full price. if no one buy it for say, a month or 2, quick sell it at %75 its original price, so you still make profit. my advice to you is to stay away from robo hats, third gens, and the like. i dont nesessarily mean they are impossible sales, just that they are harder than most to  buy for full price.  settle on a cheap unusual at first, so you do not spend all of your pure at once, with nothing to fall back on. you can add some of that pure as sweets to people interested in buying your unusual when the timecomes.

now i feel like a walking guide.....

Don't use bp.tf for your unusual pricing ever, ever, ever.

If you get an offer for a hat, see what it has sold for recently through trade histories.   If it's low enough compared to what it's been selling for, then go ahead and take it.

Not personally, but as a group, this is what traders generally dislike in an unusual : 

• Robo Hats
  • Robo Effects {not Anti-Freeze/Roboactive}
  • Heavy/Engineer hats
  • 3rd Generation Unusual Effects

Usually you can get higher prices from hype from recently released hats in unusual form.  

Some traders care about duped qualities also, and while this may be a factor in how well it will sell, you can safely tell others to piss off if they want a discount because it's duped, and the hat isn't even worth 2+ buds.

i agrree with you curly. though sometimes bp.tf is a good way to find the average. just saying...

i agrree with you curly. though sometimes bp.tf is a good way to find the average. just saying...

I mean that as in don't ever go onto another user's trade and expect it to be the same price, 

ex. "But bp.tf says your unusual is only 2 buds, why do you want 3?"

Archived