ALS Ice Bucket Nonsense

Zefrom

He sort of hijacked the ALS ice bucket challenge to promote his own cause.  I am sympathetic towards the cause and agree that the current situation has obvious parallels with other documented struggles, although I am unclear exactly what his opinions on how to deal with it are because he didn't go into too much detail. 

Separate from how you may or may not feel about the message he was trying to get across, do you think it's okay for anyone to attempt to hijack an existing movement to bring attention to a completely separate issue?

My classmates, all of them except me and my clique (6 members), did the ice bucket challenge. They were mocking us and I feel a bit upset. I watched their video and as expected did not provide any link and just dumped water on them and some didn't even put ice

I mean like they are not famous but at least they can help the minority who have not heard about ALS in Singapore

He sort of hijacked the ALS ice bucket challenge to promote his own cause.  I am sympathetic towards the cause and agree that the current situation has obvious parallels with other documented struggles, although I am unclear exactly what his opinions on how to deal with it are because he didn't go into too much detail. 

Separate from how you may or may not feel about the message he was trying to get across, do you think it's okay for anyone to attempt to hijack an existing movement to bring attention to a completely separate issue?

As long as the money goes to a good cause, I have no problem with it.

My classmates, all of them except me and my clique (6 members), did the ice bucket challenge. They were mocking us and I feel a bit upset. I watched their video and as expected did not provide any link and just dumped water on them and some didn't even put ice

I mean like they are not famous but at least they can help the minority who have not heard about ALS in Singapore

Thats human society for you.

1. Stats were shown, no money was made.

2. Nobody donated because nobody recieved a link as to where to donate money.

3. You can't donate money unless you give money which nobody did.

You have any proof to back up your claim or are you still trying to speak through that foot you have stuffed in your mouth?

You have any proof to back up your claim or are you still trying to speak through that foot you have stuffed in your mouth?

We've already resolved this splinter issue, I posted that link to the Times stating the Ice Bucket thing has raised $50 million in donations.

We've already resolved this splinter issue, I posted that link to the Times stating the Ice Bucket thing has raised $50 million in donations.

I know, I saw. Just was reacting to Real SSJ5's derisive attitude towards it.

A boy has died after drowning when he tried to upstage it (he jumped into a quarry full of cold water) to become more famous. Which is why these things aren't as good as you might think. It's a trend, and people at the end of the day will always try to become famous. It's not a problem with the format, it's a problem with our manufactured society, where we wear famous shoes, eat famous food, drink famous water, listen to famous music, and we feel that the only thing not famous is ourselves. We don't fit in by being normal anymore.

to the people complaining about wasting water

pKjMaU2.jpg

seems to be relevant

a gallon of water is nothing compared to what we waste daily ._.

to the people complaining about wasting water

pKjMaU2.jpg

seems to be relevant

a gallon of water is nothing compared to what we waste daily ._.

I might be among the minority who waste 1-2 mins in the shower, so yeah

I heard that someone actually died from the challenge, pretty sure it's fake. What happened was there was a very thick and hard ice cluster inside the bucket and what happened next is that he fainted

I might be among the minority who waste 1-2 mins in the shower, so yeah

I heard that someone actually died from the challenge, pretty sure it's fake. What happened was there was a very thick and hard ice cluster inside the bucket and what happened next is that he fainted

It's a possibility, but that's not a reason to not do something. There are between 4-10 doily-related injuries per year. Thousands of people per year are injured opening beer bottles with their teeth.

I'm tempted to post my Ice Bucket Challenge, should I put it here or open it's own thread XD

Archived