Getting A lot of - rep for nothing :|

foxx

I have 17 - rep in my profile in one day. I didnt do anything bad. I just created a price suggestion (its my first suggestion)but i havent got enough proof so result is %18 so i said sorry for mistake then when I looked my profile I saw I have -17 rep. Why I got a lot of -rep. Is it for my terrible suggestion or another thing. ?

http://backpack.tf/u/76561198107418082 - This my backpack.tf profile 

And this my suggestions comments 

post-11798-0-68914000-1408463074_thumb.jpg

because you made a shitty suggestion

Because when one of your suggestions fall through you lose rep, and also lose rep each time someone dislikes one of your suggestions.

"-rep for nothing"

You made a poor Suggestion, and your voting increases/decreases your rep, depending on if the suggestion was accepted or not.

Eg. If I downvoted on your suggestion, I would get +rep. And vice-versa if I upvoted.

Downvotes on suggestions give you minus rep, doesn't matter if it is accepted or not. I submitted a suggestion once, and came out with less rep than when I started, even though it was accepted.

Downvotes on suggestions give you minus rep, doesn't matter if it is accepted or not. I submitted a suggestion once, and came out with less rep than when I started, even though it was accepted.

When was this implemented?

• 2 weeks later...

Site FAQs

http://backpack.tf/faq#q-1

Here's how to gain contribution points:

• Upvote an item. If the price gets accepted and you've voted on the item, you will get 1 contribution point. You will lose 1 contribution point if the vote gets denied.
  • Downvote an item. If the price gets denied and you've downvoted on the item, you will get 1 contribution point. You will lose 1 contribution point if the vote gets accepted.
  • Start a price suggestion. You will receive 10 contribution points if it gets accepted. In the case it gets denied, you will lose 5 contribution points.
  • If you close your own suggestion, you will not lose any extra contribution points than the already accumulated. (this is to promote self-moderation!).
  • Negative votes affect your contribution points instantly, and positive ones are only added after a suggestion is accepted. The rationale behind this is very simple: block trolls from suggesting multiple bad suggestions in a row.

If you ever end up with negative contribution points:

• You cannot go lower than -5, it will be reset to -5 every day.
  • Every day passing, you will gain 1 point back. So if you're in the negatives, you could wait it out for 5 consecutive days and be automatically back to 0.
  • You can still vote on items. You can gain points back by voting accurately.

Archived