Is it just me or....

bluuman.

...are most outpost donators stuck up highballers.

So basically, i was looking for a safari mesh gut knife. Whenever i clicked on a green (Donator name) trade, i got this:

http://imgur.com/s3TJHV8

"Looking for INSANE unusual overpay" 

Jesus guy, who are you kidding.

When I clicked on a white name however, BOOM, fair offer:

http://imgur.com/JkwvGFc

"25 keys pure, price negotiable"

BOOM, another one:

http://imgur.com/41VxhnR

Yeah... Is it just me or do most donators not care about their posts/act extremely stuck up towards non-donors. 

Also, white namers tend to be much kinder, whereas many donors tell people they are "wasting their time" or "your offer is shit".

Now I got into the habit of not even clicking on donator trades since they are almost 90% of the time highballer/quickbuying shops that don't even need to be checked by their owners since they have that autobump. Also, they tend to lie a LOT in the trade section, eg. putting 1 bud 3 keys when the price is actually 2 buds.

Share your thoughts, maybe I am crazy.

(Cant use IMG tags...)

Donators are always stuck up on everything

Bazaar and Backpack are exempt in some cases

but OP, WH, and servers are always douchebags to everyone else

"You either die hatless or live long enough to see yourself become an annoying donator."

Inspired by the reviews of DayZ, and every other survival game that is on Steam.

You don't get rich by being a fair trader.

You don't get rich by highballing the fuck out of your items and acting like an extreme douche either.

Most likely because white names tend to have less trading expirence and don't know or care about profit whereas a donor does.

The reason you may find quite a few rude donators is because there are so many trolls / idiots that either don't read or care about the notes of the trade and will spam there terrible offers. Since donor trades are always bumped they tend to get more traffic and more trolls which leads to frustration.

• Administrators

Most likely because white names tend to have less trading expirence and don't know or care about profit whereas a donor does.

I completely disagree with this statement. Many people don't go premium on Outpost because they ask for $15 for 3 months and many think of it as an unfair way of getting money for the site and asking a lot more then they should be. Also, you are excluding the fact that many countries don't support Paypal and many can't get premium as well just because their country don't support Paypal money. Also, not everyone have a credit card laying around. Therefore, you have both experienced and inexperienced traders on white names.

Where do I fall? More in the positive side but sadly where I am temporarily living...They don't support paypal money yet

You don't get rich by highballing the fuck out of your items and acting like an extreme douche either.

The reason people highball be because the majority of people will lowball.

If I want to sell my hat for 10 buds I'm going to price it at 15 buds and someone will eventually offer 10. If you say you want 10 buds you will never get offers over 6.

Wow, many responses. Glad to see people experience the same thing as me and im not crazy!  :)

"We're all brothers and sisters in binds now, hat thief."

The reason you may find quite a few rude donators is because there are so many trolls / idiots that either don't read or care about the notes of the trade and will spam there terrible offers. Since donor trades are always bumped they tend to get more traffic and more trolls which leads to frustration.

You hit the exact point, sometimes I wake up in the morning and check stuff and my outpost trades, I may recieve 7 new notifications on outpost but the offers would mostly be lowballs or people saying "Added" while I say "Send a trade offer" in the trade

I completely disagree with this statement. Many people don't go premium on Outpost because they ask for $15 for 3 months and many think of it as an unfair way of getting money for the site and asking a lot more then they should be. Also, you are excluding the fact that many countries don't support Paypal and many can't get premium as well just because of that because their country don't support Paypal money. Also, not everyone have a credit card laying around. Therefore, you have both experienced and inexperienced traders on white names.

$5 is super cheap for what it's worth. I've been a donor on OP for 2+ years. Yea, the switch from a one time payment to monthly was shady AF but it's still worth it. PayPal fully works in 171 countries and partially works (meaning you cant gift currency goods and services still works) in 191 of 195 countries. Also you don't need a credit card to use PayPal or OP. As a generalization if you actually care about tading and doing well you will get premium. Very few traders who actively trade and seek profit will stay a standard user.

• Administrators

$5 is super cheap for what it's worth. I've been a donor on OP for 2+ years. Yea, the switch from a one time payment to monthly was shady AF but it's still worth it. PayPal fully works in 171 countries and partially works (meaning you cant gift currency goods and services still works) in 191 of 195 countries. Also you don't need a credit card to use PayPal or OP. As a generalization if you actually care about tading and doing well you will get premium. Very few traders who actively trade and seek profit will stay a standard user.

You have to use Credit card if you don't have paypal or the country you are living in currently doesn't support paypal. Where I live currently as well as for temporarily, the paypal has not hit it here yet. Don't have credit card to use, therefore loss of Outpost.

Also, I am not talking about myself here...Talking about what majority users think of their payment. Also, its not exactly "donation".. Its more of a pay to get this and that.

EDIT : Its like how it is on backpack.tf..You pay for premium and you get the perk extensive of item database and ability to keep track of certain items and such and few other things. Whereas on Outpost, you pay to get the perks of trades and such.

It would be great if they made premium giftable as stated here. 

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tf2outpost/discussions/6/540744937239408139/

• Administrators

i'm just gonna guess you're not a donator on outpost

Are you trying to imply something here?

While I fully agree that donators on Outpost sure can be the worst highballers out there, using BullDoser as an example for them isn't really fair. I know the guy since back when RAWR was still around and people still used trade servers daily. Back then, he used to try and convince people that genuines for a game worth 40 bucks are worth 40 bucks as well, and he would get into the dumbest arguements with anyone who sold them for actual market prices. The guy is honestly scum - if the average donator would really be like his sort, Outpost would actually be far worse.

Archived