BuyBOTS.TF [Website Idea] [Need Suggestions] [WIP]

Bone

Hello,

I have started to work on a website which would probably be named BuyBOTS.TF

The name can change because .tf domains are expensive anyway and I don't have a PayPal too.. (Someone wanna help? :P)

The Idea

The regulars must be knowing how I used to sell bots when I had come here. I have sold > 50 during that time which fetch me a gross amount of near 10 buds. 

I stopped that service nearly 3 months ago due to lack of time but because of multiple website related projects I am working on, I am getting much more fluent in web programming languages.

What this website will do, you go and login, choose a bot you want to buy, and pay one of MY bots the amount required. After that, you will receive a download link which would be a one-time download link only. For some reason, if you get an error and want to redownload it, or accidentally delete the files, you can contact me to give you another download link.

This would help all those who add me to buy bots. After such a long period of closing my service, I get atleast 2 friend requests per week regarding people who want to buy bots. The reason I want to start work on this website

EDIT: i forgot to mention. There will be video tutorials and readme's specific to the bot the people buy

What I've Thought

Free Key Bots (RAMPAGE ON OUTPOST!!)

Reduced bot prices

Might integrate paypal if I get enough funds to buy SSL for the website

Suggestions

Please, please post your thoughts and suggestions below. I would love any kind of criticism.

-Bone

• Administrators

Please no, no offense but I don't want noobs or anyone who has no knowledge whatsoever about bots to buy it and then hoard sites and shit. 

If built in sites like the ones you are asking suggestion of are created, we will have nothing but bunch of broken bots and people who has no idea how to manage bots.

Please no, no offense but I don't want noobs or anyone who has no knowledge whatsoever about bots to buy it and then hoard sites and shit. 

If built in sites like the ones you are asking suggestion of are created, we will have nothing but bunch of broken bots and people who has no idea how to manage bots.

Sorry I forgot to mention. There iwll be video tutorials, each for the specific bots they are buying, on how to use them.

Sorry to say it but this will never work unless you make a system with activation-keys/drm-servers, people will just sell them to other people or give the bots to their friends aswell.

Also, I think it's unethical to sell bots that someone else has coded (Jesse Cardon in this case), it's just like I would download movies from Piratebay and sell them on a website...

• Administrators

Sorry I forgot to mention. There iwll be video tutorials, each for the specific bots they are buying, on how to use them.

Are you still prepared for the hoard of people that will still come to you and complain about bots and hoard of people asking you to fix it and shit? From my point of view, I don't think its a good idea...It will just end up like this :

• Administrators

-snip-

I definitely agree with this as well, dunno why this hasn't come to my mind but glad it did on someone. ^_^

Sorry to say it but this will never work unless you make a system with activation-keys/drm-servers, people will just sell them to other people or give the bots to their friends aswell.

Also, I think it's unethical to sell bots that someone else has coded (Jesse Cardon in this case), it's just like I would download movies from Piratebay and sell them on a website...

I know you've always had a problem with this but atleast I would like to clear out these questions you asked me

1. There WILL be activation keys/DRM systems. I haven;t been selling bots doesn't mean I haven't been working on my own. I have added licensing systems since I have faced people trying to sell my bots to others.

2. Jesse Cardone created the BASE. Why don't you guys understand it.. The example you gave, it's not valid since I am not downloading and sharing the same files.. Bots can be very hard and very easy too.. Easy stuff would be a couple ref only.. 

Are you still prepared for the hoard of people that will still come to you and complain about bots and hoard of people asking you to fix it and shit? From my point of view, I don't think its a good idea...It will just end up like this :

didn't get you/

• Administrators

didn't get you/

I am saying is that people will just buy bots from that site and annoy you as well as others when their bots are not working. It might be the simplest error but people who has no knowledge about certain things, they won't know. It will be a circle jerkle running around with no heads whatsoever. Yes, I know you mentioned of videos but videos won't explain what exact problem they are having. It will be chaos. Everyone will then start to blame the bot site. You are just thinking of creating something that will not end well for both the people and yourself. It will be the beginning of the end. 

People don't follow shit here or anywhere properly. What makes you think they will on there... Especially on a site what you are mentioning of (Bot making purpose).

Weren't you making that other project similar to other banking sites? What happened?

And what quality are your bots going to be if you can't even make a simple POST request to post an announcement?

While I agree that it's not ethical, the steambot licenses allows anyone to use/sell the code as freely as they want, there are no restrictions. If they didn't want people to sell their stuff, they would be using a difference licence.

Weren't you making that other project similar to other banking sites? What happened?

And what quality are your bots going to be if you can't even make a simple POST request to post an announcement?

Oh hey HusKy.

I am not sure but I think i have told this, there were some fights with my partner and that project had to stop in between.

Also, the announcement problem, I am still looking for help. Either it's slow internet or data.Add just stops.. stops right there..

Considering you're wanting to base your empire off of Steam, yes, Steam, the thing with constant downtime and problems, yes that, I honestly don't think this'll work.

People will complain more than they complain about scrap.tf.

Considering you're wanting to base your empire off of Steam, yes, Steam, the thing with constant downtime and problems, yes that, I honestly don't think this'll work.

People will complain more than they complain about scrap.tf.

and its still used a lot

Well, if you gladly would like to take shit from people claiming your bot doesn't work when steam is inevitably down, so be it.

I've got 1 word for you.

Announcements.

Look how successful Valve is with their drm though.

You can torrent every game available on Steam (except maybe some obscure titles no one plays).

What I have been thinking is that the download files, rather than a 1 time download, will be linked to the steam accounts. On the first run, they need to enter a license key which works only once and gets bound to that specific PC. So if he tries to re-share it, it will ask for another license key which wouldn't be possible.

• Administrators

I've got 1 word for you.

Announcements.

You seem to be overlooking the negatives points on this. Many already have pointed some of them out. The negatives are much much higher than the positives, If I were you...I would just move on to some other project.

Archived