How do you go about tracking a item ID

Sami d:3 PL❤

My friends account got hacked into and his items disappeared. So now i'm trying to find who has them now. The only problem is that I can't find how to search item IDs.

As far as I know, the only way you'll be able to find your friends items is if the person who stole them scans their backpack on bp.tf or outpost. If they do, you can look at the item history page (from their backpack history) and it will show you who the items went to.

My friends account got hacked into and his items disappeared. So now i'm trying to find who has them now. The only problem is that I can't find how to search item IDs.

Even if you were to, these phishers hijacked hundreds of accounts a day maybe even thousands of people a day. Tracking the items do no use as they will end up in legit traders inventories in less than 3 days(Quickselling stolen goods, selling to BP buyers, selling on market, etc). The best thing to do is to have it reported to steam support(your friend should) and try and get his items restored/duplicated.

You could just look at the item you want to track in his backpack history. And go to its history and see every user who has had it publicly recorded on bptf or outpost. 

Have your friend look over this thread: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/1206-guide-to-recovering-hijacked-items/

If you were looking to report the users who bought the unusuals from obvious alts you can do that as well but be sure to include evidence in the report. 

Archived