Strange Cosmetics.

Racoon.

Why did you feel the need to make a topic for this? Do you know that status updates exist? 

inb4 wow wooden ur a fukning dickhed this is y no 1 likes u

Why did you feel the need to make a topic for this? Do you know that status updates exist? 

wow wooden ur a fukning dickhed this is y no 1 likes u

I'm so funny.

But yes, please use status updates for this sort of shit.

I'm so funny.

:^(

Status update plox.

And it depends on which strange cosmetics you are talking about. They added only 2 new Strange Cosmetic Strangifers. The Anger conflicts with the Veil, but the Veil was already on the decline. The Aspect Doesn't Conflict with the Sight or the Sole Mate, so those are nos.

If you specifically meant the Strongbox stranges, those are rising because of a limited market. Everyone who wanted one grabbed them while the Chem Sets were in surplus. Now there are few on the market and the demand is higher than when they flooded the market.

Series #1: Ehhh. Moderate rises probably. Little equalization and a few minor drops.

Series #2: Yeah, these will drop.

Series #3: Rising 4 eva

Crap you get from Crates: Drop like hell.

Yeah, I know that exists but, you know, I'm somewhat new here. I really didn't know I had to use status updates for this. My apologies.

Status update plox.

And it depends on which strange cosmetics you are talking about. They added only 2 new Strange Cosmetic Strangifers. The Anger conflicts with the Veil, but the Veil was already on the decline. The Aspect Doesn't Conflict with the Sight or the Sole Mate, so those are nos.

If you specifically meant the Strongbox stranges, those are rising because of a limited market. Everyone who wanted one grabbed them while the Chem Sets were in surplus. Now there are few on the market and the demand is higher than when they flooded the market.

Series #1: Ehhh. Moderate rises probably. Little equalization and a few minor drops.

Yeah, next time I'll use status update. I'm sorry.

Anyway, thank you for your detailed information and politeness. It's a pleasure to talk to you.

Status update plox.

Oh, damn it, I forgot to ask you a question. I've never been into this before, so I'm trying to catch up a little bit. Would you be willing to explain me the difference between each series?

Again, thank you.

I'm so funny.

No need to be rude, sir.

Oh, damn it, I forgot to ask you a question. I've never been into this before, so I'm trying to catch up a little bit. Would you be willing to explain me the difference between each series?

Again, thank you.

Series is basically which sets they released at a time. Like the unusuals, series #1 contains classic effects like burning, beams, flies. Series #2 is weather effects. Series #3 is robo and miami, DP, aces, dbd.

Series #1 are the bird stranges that ha crazy demands to make (strange gunslinger and kritz?!) Series #2 was released with strangifiers (those will rise when the crates stop dropping) and series #3 is the items that could be made strange using 3 ref and 3 random stranges (but the chemistry sets were rare drops and were only available for a very short time span which is why those are going up a lot faster than others.)

Again, thank you.

Series is basically which sets they released at a time. Like the unusuals, series #1 contains classic effects like burning, beams, flies. Series #2 is weather effects. Series #3 is robo and miami, DP, aces, dbd.

Series #1 are the bird stranges that ha crazy demands to make (strange gunslinger and kritz?!) Series #2 was released with strangifiers (those will rise when the crates stop dropping) and series #3 is the items that could be made strange using 3 ref and 3 random stranges (but the chemistry sets were rare drops and were only available for a very short time span which is why those are going up a lot faster than others.)

Basically what Sneaks said. The series number is just the wave that the Strangifier Chemistry Set was added in.

The Series are as follows:

Series #0:

• Merc's Pride Scarf

Series #1:

• Bonk Boy
  • Fancy Dress Uniform
  • All-Father
  • Sight For Sore Eyes
  • Bird-Man of Aberdeen
  • Toss-Proof Towel
  • Teddy Roosebelt
  • Archimedes
  • Villain's Veil
  • Camera Beard
  • RoBro 3000
  • Summer Shades

Series #2:

• Boston Boom-Bringer
  • Lord Cockswain's Novelty Mutton Chops and Pipe
  • Stockbroker's Scarf
  • Dark-Age Defender
  • Sandvich Safe
  • Foppish Physician
  • Outback Intellectual
  • Blood Banker
  • Professor Speks

Series #3:

• Every Strongbox item

My only corrections to make are the bolded parts. The first section is incorrect. Those are just the sets that are left for the most part. If the inputs were more expensive than the output, then the set was listed on the SCM and forgotten about. I remember my Teddy Roosebelt Set needed a Frontier Justice.

The second portion is also minorly misleading. The sets were anything but rare drops, that is why so few were crafted. People saw the surplus of them and figured they were worthless, which they were for a while until they expired. I managed to get ~750 of the Series #3 for a weapon each.

Basically what Sneaks said. The series number is just the wave that the Strangifier Chemistry Set was added in.

The Series are as follows:

Series #0:

• Merc's Pride Scarf

Series #1:

• Bonk Boy
  • Fancy Dress Uniform
  • All-Father
  • Sight For Sore Eyes
  • Bird-Man of Aberdeen
  • Toss-Proof Towel
  • Teddy Roosebelt
  • Archimedes
  • Villain's Veil
  • Camera Beard
  • RoBro 3000
  • Summer Shades

Series #2:

• Boston Boom-Bringer
  • Lord Cockswain's Novelty Mutton Chops and Pipe
  • Stockbroker's Scarf
  • Dark-Age Defender
  • Sandvich Safe
  • Foppish Physician
  • Outback Intellectual
  • Blood Banker
  • Professor Speks

Series #3:

• Every Strongbox item

My only corrections to make are the bolded parts. The first section is incorrect. Those are just the sets that are left for the most part. If the inputs were more expensive than the output, then the set was listed on the SCM and forgotten about. I remember my Teddy Roosebelt Set needed a Frontier Justice.

The second portion is also minorly misleading. The sets were anything but rare drops, that is why so few were crafted. People saw the surplus of them and figured they were worthless, which they were for a while until they expired. I managed to get ~750 of the Series #3 for a weapon each.

Alright so, if I bought series #3 strange costmetics ( http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Strongbox_Pack ), I'd be able to make profit because they won't stop rising, correct?

Alright so, if I bought series #3 strange costmetics ( http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Strongbox_Pack ), I'd be able to make profit because they won't stop rising, correct?

No, they'll eventually plateau or even drop. Items will only hold value as long as there is demand for them.

As more cosmetic stranges release, the value of the less popular items will drop. Also, If you choose to hoard them, you run a risk of a rerelease and seeing the value of your collection being wiped out, just like what's happening now to anyone who invested in S. Widowmakers or the S. Part Buildings Destroyed.

No, they'll eventually plateau or even drop. Items will only hold value as long as there is demand for them.

As more cosmetic stranges release, the value of the less popular items will drop. Also, If you choose to hoard them, you run a risk of a rerelease and seeing the value of your collection being wiped out, just like what's happening now to anyone who invested in S. Widowmakers or the S. Part Buildings Destroyed.

Oh, really? Well, Draco told me that they wouldn't stop rising since they're pretty rare and that stuff.

Anyway, do you think that if I bought Series #3 Strange Cosmetics fow 50% off their backpack.tf price, I could be able to make profit?

Series #3 isn't going to rise forever and I think the prices are already too high.  They'll take a drop soon.  Some - like the Boushi-Doo - will stay high, but most will drop.  

Series #3 isn't going to rise forever and I think the prices are already too high.  They'll take a drop soon.  Some - like the Boushi-Doo - will stay high, but most will drop.  

Well, Draco said it wouldn't stop rising.

Anyway, should I start to buy Series #3 Strange Cosmetics now?

The "rising 4 eva" is a bit of a joke as nothing can continually rise. Gren and Scott are correct that they will plateau and then decline after a while as more strange cosmetics can be made. The thing is most of backpack's prices are out of date on the strongbox stranges and picking them up for cheap is a stroke of luck.

To illustrate, look at the Strange Juggernaut (Demo Misc).  It's listed at 4 keys on BP.  Here are all the listings on OP, many of them old:

http://www.tf2outpost.com/search/220150929

I tried to sell mine for 3 Keys and 5 Ref (cheapest at the time, not sure about now) and the thing got ZERO action.   4 Keys is clearly too high, should probably be somewhere around 2-3. 

To illustrate, look at the Strange Juggernaut (Demo Misc).  It's listed at 4 keys on BP.  Here are all the listings on OP, many of them old:

http://www.tf2outpost.com/search/220150929

I tried to sell mine for 3 Keys and 5 Ref (cheapest at the time, not sure about now) and the thing got ZERO action.   4 Keys is clearly too high, should probably be somewhere around 2-3. 

Yeah, that needs a minor drop. Once the strongbox stranges get a price update the market tends to die for a bit on that strange.

I feel that, when dealing in low/mid level stranges, you always have to consider that many transact on the scm. The trade price here can off ot useless. If a strange transact's 80% of time on scm then its trade price is irrelevant. Killstreak weapons are a prime example of this. Some time ago I found that the bp.tf trade price for botkiller and s cosmetics, like the s sandwich safe, were so low that I had offers to buy these at above bp.tf price and could sell them on scm for profit. I am actually surprised to find that the veil is dropping. Probably related to the bandana. I was thinking of fulfilling an expensive veil kit I have but it still wouldn't pay off because people only want to buy completed s veils.

Archived