Suggestion question: Buildings destroyed. 8.66 ref.

face

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/53ec57354ed7b877188b462d

Yes, the buildings destroyed parts is probably going to lessen in price. But,this suggestion was put up in less than a day after the new crates came out, and had 3 sellers as proof. The suggester said he would update it hourly, dont see anything yet. And it got accepted in 5 hours. This is the statement given by the mod who apparently worked on it

Michael Puddington

Accepted it to protect users from being taken advantage of. Sometimes proof can be foregone in order to protect users. 
Today, 02:17 AM 

Backpack.tf is a price website. Its job is to get reflect actual market prices of items as closely as possible; not to protect users. If a suggestion with flimsy proof is put up, it gets taken down.Thats the norm. By accepting this polarizing suggestion (50% split), the mod and the site is literally establishing that ultimately, the votes do not have any say. This is almost an abuse of power, considering  the influence backpack has over market prices. Even if it didnt, this is flying in the face of established rules on how to make a suggestion and when to accept it. Why not just accept the ridiculous 2.33 ref key suggestions that keep being put up to 'protect the users'?

I'm relatively new to the trading scene, and there are people far more knowledgeable in these matters, but i guess somebody had to say it. Revert this please, until a more solid suggestion comes along.

Yeah, I've noticed the quality of some accepted suggestions has been dropping a tad, inlcuding unusuals.

Some unusual suggestions have been accepted with dupes for the low end, and someone has ended up having to resuggest with a more accurate price a few days later. Can't link any examples, but I've seen it happen.

Reverting it will only cause more trouble.

8.66 is definitely more accurate than 2 keys.

At the time of writing, 2 pages in outpost. 1 person selling for 1 key, 2 people for 1 key 7 ref,1 person taking offers, all the others selling at 2 keys. How is the price an accurate one as of the moment? By that default, if i decide to sell a strange gunslinger for 10 keys because a gunslinger strangifier may come out in the next crate, will it be accepted?

• Administrators

Yeah, I've noticed the quality of some accepted suggestions has been dropping a tad, inlcuding unusuals.

Some unusual suggestions have been accepted with dupes for the low end, and someone has ended up having to resuggest with a more accurate price a few days later. Can't link any examples, but I've seen it happen.

You can use dupes to raise price also you can use dupes if the unusual is 3 buds or less.

You can use dupes to raise price also you can use dupes if the unusual is 3 buds or less.

magenta said that the dupes can be used till 4 (well he quoted polar on some rule)

i myself found that selling dupes up to even 1.5 is a bitch 

if the guy finds out. it's a no-go.

• Administrators

magenta said that the dupes can be used till 4 (well he quoted polar on some rule)

i myself found that selling dupes up to 1.5 is a bitch 

Who is Magenta?  I have heard that  people have no problem selling dupes unusuals. Perhaps, your hat or effect was not the one of the wanted ones?

• Administrators

http://backpack.tf/u/76561198045388088

and it doesn't matter what hat

on every single dupe i owned,everyone bitched about it if they realised it's duped

Polar did an analysis on it so...I guess you were/are unlucky?  :unsure: Here is the analysis if you want to go through it and read it.

Anyways, on topic...I dunno how it got accepted. Had no proof for 1.2 keys o.o

i myself found that selling dupes up to even 1.5 is a bitch 

They were over 4, and there were recent clean sales that weren't included in the suggestion.

I think in the analysis, it was stated that " Hats under 3 buds in value should no longer need minis if they are duped ", but nothing really on pricing an unusual less than 3 buds using duped hats. When pricing/updating an unusual, i think clean one is still the standard unless the duped version's sale is higher than the clean ones. Correct me if i'm wrong.

• Administrators

I think in the analysis, it was stated that " Hats under 3 buds in value should no longer need minis if they are duped ", but nothing really on pricing an unusual less than 3 buds using duped hats. When pricing/updating an unusual, i think clean one is still the standard unless the duped version's sale is higher than the clean ones. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Nope, I and one other user asked Polar on an status update, he said its fine to use dupes now for unusuals under 3 buds. It was in an status update, I would link you to it if I had it saved.  :mellow:  It even mentions it on the analysis. You even quoted it. :P

Anyways, we are derailing the topic xD 

Idm the suggestion as it is similar to the many situations in the past such as name tags when it went from 2$ to 1$ at the store and the suggestion was accepted to prevent wide spread sharking.

Waiting for users to realise the drastic change while people who know about the change continue to abuse our "updated prices" is stupid

Imho backpack.tf is a price guide. If an item falls massively, in certain situations I think it's okay to forgo emphasis on proof in order get a more accurate and faster value for an item. The priority is ensuring that people have accurate values for an item, in order to ensure that they know they're getting a fair trade.

Archived