F2P and Item Drops

Opst3r

Well, this is something I have just noticed. My friend who started playing TF2 a couple of days ago has already found about 15 weapons, one name tag, one paint, and a hat. I dont know if some other people have noticed this, but I think F2P have a higher drop rate them P2P. Which I can sense is a way for Valve to get people to buy stuff from the store. The first item I ever bought from the store was a Mad Milk, the next day I found out about trading and that I could have gotten it for one of my extra weapons. Then I found out about uncrating and unusuals. So I got 5 keys, unboxed some crate 59s and got a Terror Watt Base Metal Billycock. A couple of weeks later, I got scammed out of it for about 5 dollars in hats and weapons. Since then I have wasted tons of money on keys. So, because of High Drop Rates for F2Ps. I have wasted lots of money on a video game. If this is Vavles tactic of getting people to buy stuff from the store. It is working very well. 

F2P is rumored to have better drops for tools, mostly because it eliminates the chance of finding a hat, so in theory, you have a slightly higher chance of finding other things.

f2p is not supposed to be able to find hats i thought.

maybe he crafted it, or you are counting a gibus or some other achievement hat as a "drop"

f2p is not supposed to be able to find hats i thought.

maybe he crafted it, or you are counting a gibus or some other achievement hat as a "drop"

Yeah. I just looked at his inventory and saw it was the gibus. Lol.

Archived