New Scamming Method

Wingwire

Well, for a while now my friend has been trying to sell his white Blizzardy Storm Vintage Merryweather, and today he thought he had a potential buyer. They asked that he send it to one of his trusted friend's accounts "for verification". The scammer then pretended to be my friend, and tricked the trusted friend into trading the unusual to him. But somehow his username is not under the known aliases. Here is the backpack in question: http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198089032416 They have been trade banned, but I don't know if Valve will return all of those items to their real owners. 

1) not old

2) if your friends wasn't so derpy it us to the most obvious trick in the book for a straight up trade why do you need to middleman/verify? Unless it was crabbing or dealing with unusual which are in multiples of 10buds a middleman should raise a red flag.

3) 0% chance valve would care. They only restore if you were hijacked even then they are bitchy about it. Your items, your backpack, your responsibility. Not to mention there are multiple verifications asking you to be sure if you want to trade...etc

1) not old

2) if your friends wasn't so derpy it us to the most obvious trick in the book for a straight up trade why do you need to middleman/verify? Unless it was crabbing or dealing with unusual which are in multiples of 10buds a middleman should raise a red flag.

3) 0% chance valve would care. They only restore if you were hijacked even then they are bitchy about it. Your items, your backpack, your responsibility. Not to mention there are multiple verifications asking you to be sure if you want to trade...etc

He was confused at why it had to be traded to one of his own friends for verification, but was completely unaware this was going to happen. And with 3 isn't it the opposite? I'm pretty sure I read on Steam Support today that items stolen from hijacked accounts would not be returned because account security was up to the user

There have been literally hundreds of posts and threads about this method long before you decided to. 

All your friend had to do was use common sense and maybe read a bit in the forums for a few minutes. 

2) if your friends wasn't so *derpeh it us to the most obvious trick in the book for a straight up trade why do you need to middleman/verify? Unless it was crabbing or dealing with unusual which are in multiples of 10buds a middleman should raise a red flag.

He was confused at why it had to be traded to one of his own friends for verification, but was completely unaware this was going to happen. And with 3 isn't it the opposite? I'm pretty sure I read on Steam Support today that items stolen from hijacked accounts would not be returned because account security was up to the user

If he was confused then he obviously shouldnt of gone through with it...

And steam only ever restored if the user was phished...etc and they do check, if found to be valid they restore your backpack once and once only.

If he was confused then he obviously shouldnt of gone through with it...

It was being sent to one of his own friends, so he thought it would be safe

The traditional pastimes of backpack. tf forumers is constructing Mayan Structures

First I get 5 million likes on a single post, now I get 692758248141 quotes

First I get 5 million likes on a single post, now I get 692758248141 quotes

I would have tried to prevent a pyramid from happening, but by the time I read this thread, the pyramid was already 3 layers tall.

Archived