There are two kind of people

Bakgrund

What are you  

61 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• The asshole trader
    • The polite trader

The polite trader and the asshole trader, I'm sure there are both on this forum, so what kind of trader (of those two) are you, and most important, why?

depends on the context, if the guy is being a total diptard Ill lose my temper a bit, however I wont be mean to someone right off the bat

You forgot the retarded trader who offers a gibus for unusuals or something along those lines 

At that point, you become the embodiment of the rage monster ass 'hat' trader

Depends heavily on what the scenario is.  

If someone adds me asking a genuine question about my trade that would have been left out in my notes, I keep my temper and try to help them through it. 

If it's someone adding me to sell CSGO skins, and didn't discuss a price beforehand when notes say to, I just lower my buying price on them a bit.

If it's something completely stupid and against my notes, I just fuck around with them until they delete me.

If someone pisses me off, I go to their house and rip their arms off

But, I try to act as polite as possible, and 99% of the time I succeed

Depends on the context

Depends on what mood I'm in

That means ur the dick trader most of the time unless its BIG margin or something you are slobbering over.

Polite.  One to one rarely happen tho but when it does I am helpful and decent.

The polite trader. If I piss someone off, that means one less potential future customer. I don't want any of that. It only hurts me

I've already been called a scammer 4 times this week for counter offering their ks weapons. I just keep my cool and say ok and move on. No need to waste time being rude.

Then there's always this guy >> http://prntscr.com/4912yv amirite?

I'm usually very polite until someone want to buy something of mine that isn't for sale, tries to pay in items or sucky unusuals, or if they are super lowballing.

I try to be as polite as possible. 

Just today a guy offered me a 4.66 refined item and 1 refined for my strange misc that is worth 4 keys (through a trade offer), I was not sure if he was trying to annoy me or what, so I just declined and kinda felt like posting on his profile how I felt but I decided to just forget about.

A few minutes later he adds me and send me a trade and offers the same items in trade, I close the trade and ask if he knows how much the strange one is worth, he says no and that he just wanted the normal one, so I bought a regular one and then traded him back and ended up getting a 4.66 refined item and 1 refined for a 3 refined item.

What if I had told him off and reported him and so on when he just didn't really know how things go? That's why I try to keep my feeling to self and be as polite as possible.

The polite trader and the asshole trader, I'm sure there are both on this forum, so what kind of trader (of those two) are you, and most important, why?

It goes both ways as well. If they're nice to me, i'm nice to them. If they're an ass to be, i'm an ass to them.

Like others have said I too try to be as polite as possible when I trade, not only out of common courtesy, but also because it's never good to leave a bad impression on a potential future trade opportunity if given unjustly. When I deal with traders who aren't so polite however, I simply try to keep cool about it, and if they continue to be unreasonable, let them makes fools out of themselves for me. That way when the deal goes bad, I'm not the one who comes out of it looking unprofessional.  

If I'm in a bad mood I'll always be the asshole trader. Other than that, I'm generally more on the polite side.

Polite and professional, but firm if I have to be when negotiating (without being rude.)

You know, because I want to leave a positive impression on other people.

Because we're all people, and I'll be honest, one person said that I was pretty much the only trader he's spoken with that didn't insult any offers made, and he appreciated that.

So... yeah.

Polite trader. When someone adds me I'll be polite, if they're a jerk, I'll try to be nice, but if they continue being like that, saying things like "All you traders are just in it for profit. You're all the same, get a life. Just do the trade, do it for the now!" ( I say that because that actually happened, some dude tried to offer the first hats, the uncraftable one's worth a rec and are near impossible to sell, for something I had. He said this after I had politely declined) that's when I get kind of mad at them, and try to end the conversation as soon as possible, to remove them.

Archived