Idk what to do

eggbot

Sooo,i got my first add from a scammer buying my unusual for 300 dollars ( im proud)

Basically , yadadadadaddaddad and blahahahahhhah

All the basic stuff,0 rep , says he will send me a steam gift code and wanting me to go first.

Things get interesting when i asked him for 2 keys as proof that i could trust him.He actually gave it to me and didnt want it back. Whats with scammers giving away free stuff?

Dafaq

Right now, start taking screenshots of every conversation with him. You'll want to be ready for if he gets spiteful and submits a SteamRep report against you.

Don't trade with him and:

Right now, start taking screenshots of every conversation with him. You'll want to be ready for if he gets spiteful and submits a SteamRep report against you.

Seriously do that because he can report you if you don't have screenshots of it being his word against yours and all SteamRep sees is you taking his 2 keys with nothing in return.

Just ask him to buy keys with the money and trade you the keys :3

Is 99% a scammer, so you obviously don't want to go through with the trade where you go first.

However...If you keep the keys, and he hasn't actually tried to scam you, then you've essentially stolen keys, and I think he could get you marked as a scammer.

(Certainly, having 0 rep and wanting you to go first and wanting to pay with a steam gift code adds up to extremely suspicious and 99% chance of scammer, but is still only circumstantial and suspicious. No hard evidence of anything. At this point, it's still within the realm of possibility that he's legit.)

My two cents' worth.

Archived