Something's going IRL that's hard for me

Zefrom

First of all, posting this to you the public to share with since there was no one i deemed "trustworthy" to share with. Some of my relatives/siblings are either too busy with work, life or just mood-based.

Also if you're tired of reading the tsunami lines or no time, scroll below for the TL;DR

Almost a year ago, my mom passed away. It was really a shock for my family and me. My father seem to not be able to get over it.

Something uncomfortable happened today. So I was cycling to the park and I bumped into my father and his maid. He asked me whether I returned a book to my tuition teacher then I replied no because I blatantly forgotten because meh, my memory. Then he threw a fit and then used these 2 words that hurts me a lot, "useless" and "horrible". First of all, useless is already a hyperbole, not even cool, like I helped him to send emails everyday for his work, helped him setup his phone and a lot more. And horrible, seriously. Called his son horrible, maybe if I'm retarded but if I'm in the third class and not the 7th class in school, maybe he should rethink his words. By now we were ready to fight but then I back off from the scene and cycle to a distant spot

I reacted to this at first by trying to resolve the issue like maybe waiting for next week but he just throwing and throwing those words. I reacted to this by lifting up my bicycle and throwing it on the road (that road was quiet, don't worry). He and I just walked away and his maid, obviously siding with him and she thought that she reminded me which I'm assured that she didn't. Also today morning, he scolded me because I didn't go cycling with him!! I was studying for my Chinese as he was ranting about how weak my Chinese language was and now he scolds me for doing that

Seriously how the hell am I supposed to react and what am I gonna do next? Fighting him? Maybe

I'm really mortified by his behavior and this wasn't even the first time. Supposedly apologize to him? He locked himself in his office. Commit suicide? Kinda outrageous

So what to do??

TL;DR: My father argue and call me words that I fell hurt and I reacted by releasing my anger and I feel really awful from his verbal abuse

Strongly recommend you talk to a close relative like an aunt or uncle.

Tried but they are usually not at home and always at work. For my sister, she's occupied with her school project and her boyfriend.

Tried but they are usually not at home and always at work. For my sister, she's occupied with her school project and her boyfriend.

If you come to them in confidence, i'm sure they will realise that this issue is more important.

If you come to them in confidence, i'm sure they will realise that this issue is more important.

I'll try again and see how it works out, work till evening and they go out for dinner and shopping and come back min. 8.30 pm

Protip: If you want to have a serious chat with a relative, always choose a good time. Then they'll pay more attention and they'll be nicer.

Damn, same issue.

My father has hated me through the years since I didn't really learn or speak much chinese (I'm half chinese). Always ranting about how i'll get a better job if I learned chinese and he would occasionally puts "Stupid" when he scolds me about not speaking chinese. Me and my father aren't really close, I'm not even sure if I had a conversation with him at all, I will just do what he says and i'll just be back in my room.

Unlike you, I don't have a bit of grudge against my father. Hell, I respect him and love him fully, even if he wasn't with me much when I was growing up nor when I was needing a father to teach me to be a man. You know why I don't have a grudge? It's because father's sister has told me that my father has lived through a hard life, abusive parents, getting bullied at school, teacher hating him, just went through hell with his childhood. No child should go through that hate. I just see him as an old man that just wants to me to have a better life than him.  

If your father's the guy that you can make a conversation with then try and talk to him, if not then try understanding why he's doing this to you.

Archived