Advice for a good and cheap Smartphone

Mikusch

Samsung galaxy S III Mini.

good choice for a person with a budget

No.

TouchWiz is shit on an extremely high spec'd phone, just imagine it on a budget phone.

Great, I get mocked for giving a recommendation, also I use the phone I recommended and it works very fucking well..

To you maybe and that's fine, but to anyone that doesn't like TouchWiz, namely There and myself, its fucking awful and slow as shit. You root that S3 mini yet? If so, try CM11 or MIUI or something that doesn't have a bloated UI... If not, then unless you've rooted a previous phone and put a stable ROM on it, you probably wouldn't understand why we don't care for TouchWiz UI.

If you have and prefer TouchWiz over AOSP/Vanilla then, IMO, therein lies the problem. I've never met anyone that liked TouchWiz over stable CM when I had both on my testing S2.

First post

Posts link

Seems legit

I noticed you mentioned the OPO a while back.

I'm not convinced. I was trying to get one for a while too, but then bought a Nexus 5.

I haven't checked recently, but they weren't sounding out too many invites... not nearly enough. It also seems like there were quite a few issues with the phone, namely the yellow hue, but others, the OPO completely failed to address.

I'm guessing at some point, they will allow you to buy the phone without an invite for $500 or $600. I don't think the intention was ever to make a phone for $300-$350 that could actually compete with flagships.

Nexus 5 is a much better bet here imo.

See i have a "working" HTC One S on CM11 right now that will hold me over for the time being. It basically is gonna run down to when it dies.

If it dies before I get an invite = N5. If I get an invite before it dies = OPO.

http://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-one-vs-nexus-5-comparison-411556/

They have already stated that once they get enough traction they will start selling to the public direct, but who knows when they define "traction".

Hardware wise OPO wins me over hands down. But the pure kitkat and eventually "L" vs factory installed & EASY non-voided warranty rootable CM11S is a touch decision...

Nexus 5 owner here, it's rad. Except for the nonremovable battery and lack of sd card.

If you want a budget/cheap phone though, I'd recommend the Moto G. As long as you're not going to be doing intense phone gaymen you'll be fine.

Smartphone? Moto g.

If you're up for it, the next generation Moto g is rumored for this September.

Clean almost stock android, great feeling device, nice specifications. It's a beauty. I've got a nexus 5 and I'd recommend it however the price is more than double the g.

Archived