Need help finding anime shows

DaPlaya2013

If you like Action with your Romance, I'd highly suggest Sword Art Online or Bounen no Xamdou (My favorite anime. Very unknown, but absolutely phenomenal.)

Feel free to add me if you'd like more suggestions, I've seen 200+ separate anime. 

I thought Xam'd was a very known anime. I'm pretty sure it is pretty popular and was well received. 

There are few shows I would rather recommend for the genres you listed instead of those you listed. But, don't have the time to spend listing shows without knowing what he has liked. And its honestly easier if theres some more knowledge of what he would like to watch. 

Shonen (the most common type of animanga that usually features a young male protagonist and themes of friendship and what not):

One Piece

Hunter x Hunter

Fairy Tail

Attack on Titan

If you were to watch shonen shows. Or read them. These would be the shows that I would think are the easiest to get into and not too hard to like as the others. Especially Hunter Hunter. 

Deadman Wonderland

Thats some good ones off the top of my head. I can't vouch for the anime on most of them as I usually read manga. If you prefer to read, I use http://mangapanda.com to read.

I can tell you mostly read manga because you listed deadman wonderland haha

I never read the manga but heard its really good. The show on the other hand is what i would believe to be one of the worst adaptations since it was pretty bad. And I read that it brings shame to the original source material that was actually good. 

I thought Xam'd was a very known anime. I'm pretty sure it is pretty popular and was well received. 

Sorry to brush aside the other things you've listed, but I'm shocked that someone else has seen Bounen no Xamdou. I've asked countless people, and no one's seen it. It has fairly good ratings on MAL, but it doesn't seem to be popular. 

How'd you like it? 

I'm well aware that there are much better options for him in those categories (Many, many more categories as well) but I listed a lot of mainstream ones, or more popular series. Figured it'd be better for him to ease into things before I barraged him with countless recommendations. 

I can tell you mostly read manga because you listed deadman wonderland haha

I never read the manga but heard its really good. The show on the other hand is what i would believe to be one of the worst adaptations since it was pretty bad. And I read that it brings shame to the original source material that was actually good. 

The anime was alright, it was nowhere near as brutal as the manga though and one season wasn't enough to really showcase how amazing that series was up until the final arc

start with Attack on Titan. 1st episode will have you glued to your computer begging for more. I guarantee that

Sorry to brush aside the other things you've listed, but I'm shocked that someone else has seen Bounen no Xamdou. I've asked countless people, and no one's seen it. It has fairly good ratings on MAL, but it doesn't seem to be popular. 

How'd you like it? 

I'm well aware that there are much better options for him in those categories (Many, many more categories as well) but I listed a lot of mainstream ones, or more popular series. Figured it'd be better for him to ease into things before I barraged him with countless recommendations. 

I'm positive that at the time much more people had watched it. It even got an english dub during that time and that shows it was popular enough to warrant that kind of treatment. 

I watched it a long time ago and if I remember correctly it wasn't that memorable. It was alright, I would say it was good ( 3.5/5 ). It was indeed a fun watch and wasn't a waste of time, not one of those shows that made me go ugh now that i watched it half way i have to watch it to the end. 

If I remember correctly it had a deus ex machina ending that I wasn't too fond off, but didn't ruin it for me. 

The anime was alright, it was nowhere near as brutal as the manga though and one season wasn't enough to really showcase how amazing that series was up until the final arc

That's what I have heard, I just remember watching an episode and thinking they were swearing soo many times it was kind of annoying. And I know someone who liked the manga and really disliked the anime. 

Yu Yu Hakusho and Dragon Ball. sooooooo good.

Yes.

So, wierd having people point out Yu Yu Hakusho haha (Its very old) I watched it on toonami 

Angel Beats- Made me Feel
My Bride's a Mermaid- Made me Laugh
Mushishi- Made me Think about the big things in life
Puella Madoka Magicka - Made me want to murder something in pure, unbridled rage

Ehh I don't know.

Get netflix and try:

The Office

Family Guy

House of Cards

Breaking Bad

Those are awesome.

Anime? Don't.

Ehh I don't know.

Get netflix and try:

The Office

Family Guy

House of Cards

Breaking Bad

Those are awesome.

Anime? Don't.

I won't deny that those are good shows, but anime's great as well. 

Have you ever sat down and at least attempted to watch an anime before?

If you're looking for your vanilla "Get the ball rolling" anime, watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Amazing series. 

I would recommend the original Full Metal Alchemist before Brotherhood. If you watch Brotherhood, you won't be able to make it through the original, but the opposite is not true. In order to understand the full scope of FMA, the original needs to be watched if only by the fact that the original's "extended ending movie" is better than Brotherhood's side story movie.

I would recommend the original Full Metal Alchemist before Brotherhood. If you watch Brotherhood, you won't be able to make it through the original, but the opposite is not true. In order to understand the full scope of FMA, the original needs to be watched if only by the fact that the original's "extended ending movie" is better than Brotherhood's side story movie.

I just recommended Brotherhood out of preference and shipping/romance. 

I'm all about romance anime. 

Archived