Computer Poop Problems

MrMem

So as I've said before a million times, my computer lately, has been horse feces. Things don't respond from the smallest of things (ESPECIALLY Task Manager) and in most cases, I'm forced to force shut down my computer. I've done several scans from several different Anti-Viruses (Malwarebytes, AVG, HitmanPro, etc.), and some have actually found some spyware or viruses or whatever, but my computer just goes back to being a pile of fecal matter. Now, I'm thinking of an option in Windows 8 where it refreshes your computer, but keeps personal data. Would that help? Or would it be a waste of time? Is there anything else I can do?

EDIT: I'm probably going to just Factory Restore my computer if I don't get word from any other sources

With these kind of problems I'd just reinstall the operating system.

Back up all your important files and reinstall your os.

reinstall your os like bakgrund said

phone microsoft, explain the situation (lie and say you dropped your computer) to get them to refresh your windows 8 licence

backup needed files to an external HDD or memory stick, and you're good to go 

reinstall your os like bakgrund said

phone microsoft, explain the situation (lie and say you dropped your computer) to get them to refresh your windows 8 licence

backup needed files to an external HDD or memory stick, and you're good to go

But couldn't I just reset my computer? Like, wouldn't that keep the OS license?

i dont know what reset your computer means

Get a program like hwmonitor or whatnot to see how hot your CPU etc are going at, get some compressed air and clean the dust from your computer. There should be a bunch of tutorials on youtube for how to do it 'properly'.

Also a laptop or a desktop?

That's called "Restore to Factory Settings" and is basically the same thing as wiping your computer and reinstalling the OS. Just be sure to keep any personal data on an external memory unit.

Get a program like hwmonitor or whatnot to see how hot your CPU etc are going at, get some compressed air and clean the dust from your computer. There should be a bunch of tutorials on youtube for how to do it 'properly'.

Also a laptop or a desktop?

Laptop

EDIT: And my computer never really gets that hot.

Linux does not have this problem :^)

But seriously, if you want to fix it, back up your important files to an external hard drive or USB, and reinstall Windows.

Out of curiosity, what laptop is it?

Linux does not have this problem :^)

But seriously, if you want to fix it, back up your important files to an external hard drive or USB, and reinstall Windows.

Out of curiosity, what laptop is it?

HP Pavilion g7

Archived