Convert to text adding the price of parted stranges/painted hats

Red Inferno

I have wanted to be able to make a list of these types of items and it's tedious as hell writing it all by hand. Having it just add the option to add the base + 50% would be awesome.

This used to be how it was calculated but it brought along with it many issues where users would use the 'base price' to give unfair deals so this was removed. The value of strange parts and paint is very subjective and is up to what the buyer values it at. Eg white paint on charmers isn't the same as white paint on a Mongolian.

Its fine the way it is

I have wanted to be able to make a list of these types of items and it's tedious as hell writing it all by hand. Having it just add the option to add the base + 50% would be awesome.

It already does that

This used to be how it was calculated but it brought along with it many issues where users would use the 'base price' to give unfair deals so this was removed. The value of strange parts and paint is very subjective and is up to what the buyer values it at. Eg white paint on charmers isn't the same as white paint on a Mongolian.

Its fine the way it is

It does not matter how subjective a price is when a lot of people do use the equation that backpack.tf uses which is base item + 50% of modifying items. I mean look how backpack.tf removing the values on odd lvl vintages killed the market the site's say so has a lot of pull. Why should't there be a way if people to quickly grab the prices of even parted items?

I mean look how backpack.tf removing the values on odd lvl vintages killed the market the site's say so has a lot of pull. Why should't there be a way if people to quickly grab the prices of even parted items?

No, the market was always dead, the "bonus" backpack gave to vintages were absurd it was always wayyy to high or too low, so we had people quoting backpack's clearly incorrect price to make profit. Many newer traders who had entered the unusual market accepted "special vintages" as sweets thinking they could sell it for keys instead are stuck with it for months.

You can already see the prices of the parts by hovering over the item

EDIT:

Here is the website suggestion for removing it which contains many examples of people using the inaccurate prices to their advantage http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/2496-odd-leveled-vintage-low-craft-items-pricing/

A highlight of what im talking about: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/2496-odd-leveled-vintage-low-craft-items-pricing/?p=26430

• Administrators

Well, Derpeh said what needed to be said but to top it off...I want you to know that not every parts/pains add 50% value.

Archived