How to get Steam to start

DiamondHavoc.

Whether you're a backpack.tf'er or a normal internet surfer, I put this out to you to help you!

Sometimes we get the problem where we're constantly clicking that shortcut on our desktop for steam, but it just won't open. This is a common problem but is easy to solve.

Step 1:

zcE138g.png

Find the Steam icon on your desktop, often in your toolbar if you use Steam a lot.

Step 2:

Open up your task manager (as we all know we can do this by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL). Scroll down until you find these two applications running.

QgeKopn.png

These will have been running since the first time you clicked Steam since starting your computer. As you keep clicking it, the computer thinks it is already open and running, so it doesn't work. You need to end BOTH of these tasks.

Step 3:

Click Steam on your desktop and it should start either by finding an update or connecting your account, as you have basically exited steam and restarted it.

qwH4YvY.png

Done!

As you can see, it is a simple task. I saw some people struggling on the other internet forums (Minecraft Forums, no wonder they didn't understand. Nine year olds...) 

Hope this helps in the future!

~DiamondHavoc

Basic Task Manager and knowledge of how programs work.

If people could learn how a computer works, they could solve half of their computer problems on their own.

Basic Task Manager and knowledge of how programs work.

If people could learn how a computer works, they could solve half of their computer problems on their own.

Mhm, just saw some people struggling.

So I became a HELPFUL KNIGHT! HUZZAH!

For Mac users, Option+Command+Escape and force close steam. Then start it again. Mac>PC

Inb4 warned

I sometimes use Process Hacker during the Task manager step as what Process Hacker does is it force closes the program. Basically, sometimes Task Manager will block you from closing Steam because it says "Access is denied.", but Process Hacker lets you bypass that and force force close it.

I saw some people struggling on the other internet forums (Minecraft Forums, no wonder they didn't understand. Nine year olds...) 

Why were you there ^

9-year old C:

Technology and Gadgets ≠ Great Below.

Apple is king! 

Archived