Steamrep: tag severity. Is it ok as it is?

KaiZeR Van WiZe™

I was wondering the other day.

There are people who have done something as little bad as running from key spycrab, to ones who have scammed tens of Buds worth of Unusuals.

Yet they are labeled absolutely the same. Doesn't it seem a bit too harsh? 

Getting tagged as a scammer on SR is basically a death penalty on Your community Steam life. Or atleast permant injailment. 

Should the tag differ depending on the severity of the crime? Or do we just label everyone the same? 

No hate of any kind is welcome. 

Should the tag differ depending on the severity of the crime? Or do we just label everyone the same? 

Being a scammer is binary, it's either you are a scammer or you're not, either 1 or 0 there is no "degree of scamming"

Scamming is scamming and you should be marked

The general purpose is to warn, "This person has scammed before." Caution tags are intended to warn (or at least should be restricted to in my opinion), "This user supports scammers by fencing for them. Please note that his item's are likely from a thief." If someone is known to run from gambles without paying up keys, you certainly shouldn't be willing to trust him with more valuable items.

I was wondering the other day.

There are people who have done something as little bad as running from key spycrab, to ones who have scammed tens of Buds worth of Unusuals.

Getting tagged as a scammer on SR is basically a death penalty on Your community Steam life. Or atleast permant injailment. 

No hate of any kind is welcome. 

Too bad being tagged doesn't really help or do anything as it has showed countless times over and over again.

Archived