When will Backpack.tf die?

Quote+

I'd discuss if this was worded differently, so you don't sound so butthurt.

Much better. Anyways backpack.tf does not dictate price nor does it dictate what can be deemed right or wrong in terms of pricing. The problem is people are drawn to a site and then assimilate with it instead of only using it as a guide as it is intended to be used. The issue with backpack.tf is the community it serves. On its principles it should function just fine, but then again humans are weird...I guess that's why prices change in the first place.

Well, TF2items lived pretty much until bp.tf was created. If a website that has more features and a better layout is created that is like bp.tf/tf2items, bp.tf will die. But other than that, Bp.tf will only die if TF2 dies.

Well, TF2items lived pretty much until bp.tf was created. If a website that has more features and a better layout is created that is like bp.tf/tf2items, bp.tf will die. But other than that, Bp.tf will only die if TF2 dies.

Can't wait till TF2 dies....gonna go on and fill my bp with unusuals.....Here we come, 2000 unusuals. 

I think when TF2 will die is another topic...

Anyways, the word corruption is thrown around a lot, and it will probably grow. Backpack.tf is rather young in terms of being the dominant spreadsheet, and if another Spreadsheet were to come into play, what then? This was my main point. Will people jump the bandwagon, will backpack.tf evolve and change, ect,.

I think when TF2 will die is another topic...

Anyways, the word corruption is thrown around a lot, and it will probably grow. Backpack.tf is rather young in terms of being the dominant spreadsheet, and if another Spreadsheet were to come into play, what then? This was my main point. Will people jump the bandwagon, will backpack.tf evolve and change, ect,.

Depends on the userbase. If people bandwagon, then people bandwagon. http://trade.tf/spreadsheet might be the next big team fortress 2 pricing site and people will just do the same as they did with backpack.tf. Until they realize that the key they're selling for 5 refined could easily have been sold for more. I don't care what Swag [inc] says, there is definitely a price limit on his site for keys.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the userbase. If people bandwagon, then people bandwagon. http://trade.tf/spreadsheet might be the next big team fortress 2 pricing site and people will just do the same as they did with backpack.tf. Until they realize that the key they're selling for 5 refined could easily have been sold for more. I don't care what Swag [inc] says, there is definitely a price limit on his site for keys.

No, he was right.  It just took awhile for traders to move away from 5 ref.  Traders like rounded numbers for transactions

http://trade.tf/price/5021/6

13 lightyears is a distance, not a time. 

I think you missed my joke

For me it died already when it started basing its price on quicksells and unsold trades of incapable traders. Why would 1 or 2 trades outside new range mean new price?

And I laugh at the people who still think bp.tf doesnt dictate the price. It does and you are naive.

For example the S. Gunslinger were in a free fall because of bp.tf. Every few days another suggestion appeared to lower it and it affected the market. Many started quickselling below bp.tf and those kept being used as proof. It was a circle. Till I for once raised the price and after that it was stable for few weeks and immediately people stopped quickselling it below bp.tf and started selling at high end. Now someone is making a new suggestion just because someone is selling lower, and after that classifieds is full of quicksells again. Yep bp.tf doesn't influence sellers at all

I use it mainly as a tool to check my own bp. No way I am selling stranges at lowball.tf price

I think you missed my joke

loloolool!!!!!  bp.tf will never die, 13 light years is a long time!!! high five bro!!!

hows that?

Archived