Collector's Earbuds

LookAtMyChicken

1. Would you have the stones to destroy 200 buds? (come to think of it you could use dirty buds)

2. What would the chemistry set alone cost (in speculation)

3. What would the final product be worth? (in speculation)

Just wanna hear your thoughts.

I'd buy up every nasty gifted bud I could.

Probably 50 buds minimum.

No friggin clue. 250 buds?

1. Would you have the stones to destroy 200 buds? (come to think of it you could use dirty buds)

What I could buy with 200 buds...

• Administrators

I don't think valve will ever let collector for these kinda items...Buds, Max and so forth. It will un-stabilize the economy.

Collector's Houwar. Calling it now.

Pfft... Collector's Houwar Destroys Da MAX

It would be impossible to craft a fully tradable collector's houwar considering all copies are not tradable.

Not to mention it would cost an extra 200 or so keys for all of the gift wrap.

It would be impossible to craft a fully tradable collector's houwar considering all copies are not tradable.

Not to mention it would cost an extra 200 or so keys for all of the gift wrap.

Well ofc it wouldn't be tradeable. But the expense is reeeeell

Well, I was thinking earbuds was a possibility. A far fetched one, but still possible.

The way the chemistry sets originally worked was brilliant.

Where do stranges come from? Crates

What makes the most money? Keys

So, make a chemistry set that depletes stranges/metal/weapons/hats out of the economy = economy stabilizes/rises/more uncrating.

4th wave of chem sets... Not too sure what they were thinkin there. I mean it took metal out of the economy but that doesn't really help them. Maybe helps us traders by taking excess metal out of the system.

They kinda f'd up by making some of the sets have expensive stranges like gunslingers and kritz's originally, but I'm fairly certain there were some 'smart' people out there that spent very expensive stranges on some very inexpensive strangifiers. I think of this as a good thing because again, it's taking potential oversupply out of the economy. Kinda goes along with an idea I had previously to craft shitty unusuals together to get them out of the system and have some fun in the meantime/make people cringe :D

But I digress,

I think buds would be possible, and even a good thing. Get some of the nasty ones out of the economy. And personally, if I was valve, I'd do it just because of how many people cheated to get buds. Now they can profit off the oversupply of free, 'worthless' un-community-marketable buds. :D

I mean how many of you would be happy if all the dirty diseased buds were gone out of the economy?

Would make the clean ones a little more attractive.

I mean last I checked there was like 80k buds right?

Whos gonna miss even a couple thousand of those, especially gifted and duped ones

^ the best thing valve can do is make the next chem sets use the same 3 refined metal plus either three vintage, genuine, or strange weps. This would especially help a lot of the cheap vintages rise in price.

Well I wouldn't mind Collectors Set of buds. But would be nice If Valve changed the chem set that It would need atleast 20 buds to complete.

^ the best thing valve can do is make the next chem sets use the same 3 refined metal plus either three vintage, genuine, or strange weps. This would especially help a lot of the cheap vintages rise in price.

Holy crap I didn't think about vintage's and genuines. Dude, that would actually make it FUN to complete the sets then. It'd be like a scavenger hunt.

The -ONLY- reason I don't think this will fly, is they can make money just fine off vintages/genuines/AND NOW stranges in the SCM. 15% rake all day bay-bay

Sadly, I think all future sets will require unique items that cannot be marketed :\

Well I wouldn't mind Collectors Set of buds. But would be nice If Valve changed the chem set that It would need atleast 20 buds to complete.

Pffft, too cheap :P

Plus, traditionally, it takes x200 of the item

>Wastes 2,000 buds on 200 houwars

>Uses up 1/3 of all Houwars

>Greentexting on the forums

>Not actually having green text

Fuck [Earbuds]. I want to see a Collector's Max Head

I thought you were waiting for a C. Modest? :3

What I could buy with 200 buds...

This is why the chem set would have no value and no one would craft it unless it only took like 10 - 20 buds at most. Simular to s vintage buds. Cmon, most people don't own a bud because they want to wear it.

Holy crap I didn't think about vintage's and genuines. Dude, that would actually make it FUN to complete the sets then. It'd be like a scavenger hunt.

The -ONLY- reason I don't think this will fly, is they can make money just fine off vintages/genuines/AND NOW stranges in the SCM. 15% rake all day bay-bay

Sadly, I think all future sets will require unique items that cannot be marketed :\

Pffft, too cheap :P

Plus, traditionally, it takes x200 of the item

But there is a probeml with Vintage : there isn't "too many" on the market because there is a definite number of them (little more little less sometimes)

Genuine weapons are in limited supply as well (suppose that all TF2 community buys all Genuine giving games)

However, Stranges are not limited, since you can always buy keys, and crates are theorically infinite.

Thought of something even more reallistic.

Collector's Frying Pan anyone?

3 buds.

Archived