Can I still be charge backed?

Google.

Yesterday I did a cash trade with some guy for 15 keys, he overpaid in cash slightly as he didn't have the pay fee option. He wanted buds as well but I had to go. Today he sends me an email saying that there was an unauthorised transaction and that I charged him $34 for no reason. Realised the dumbass deleted and blocked me from Steam guessing he wanted to charge back.

Everything he said in the email:

Email 1: Explain why you have charged my Paypal account. This was not authorised and i regard it as theft!

Email 2: My PayPal account has been debited by 34 dollars and the email address supplied by the false seller was yours. It is stored in my PayPal account. I have lodged a complaint with PayPal as I did not authorise the transaction.

He did include in the notes - "Steam Virtual Items Payment - I have already recieved the items." I told him not to include anything about virtual items as PayPal doesn't support it. I gave him a template of what to write and he completely ignored it, but being the blind me and thinking everyone is legit, I traded him without taking a look at the notes. He is also PayPal verified, I don't know what to do, is he going to charge back? If yes, will it work even though he included that in the notes?

His steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197963729926

Thanks

I think, he is going to charge back. Sadly, any note is meaningless to Paypal. Next time, be more careful in trading, please select traders with good rep. 

I think, he is going to charge back. Sadly, any note is meaningless to Paypal. Next time, be more careful in trading, please select traders with good rep. 

Alright :(

Yes, paypal doesnt recognize virtual goods i.e. the note means nothing.

also the notes isnt a binding contract of any sort to paypal it's just words...

Always sell items to trusted buyers,their prices aren't the best but atleast you know they aren't going to chargeback

Some yellow flags at least should have been his low steam level (6), the fact he only has 128 hours of TF2, and 74 of them are in the last 2 weeks, and he doesn't have many friends on his list. 

It is easy to chargeback and you wont be able to do anything about it. Paypal doesnt support virtual item trading.

btw. The price was already a big red flag, who the hell buys keys for 2,27 dollars each?

Report the asshole on TF2Outpost and Steamrep so he can't do anything with the buds.

What a dick head.

He stole 15 keys, was about to give him buds but luckily I had to go.

PROTIP: Next time, if you want to deal PayPal without any fear of being chargebacked, use Moneypak. It basically attaches the money to a code that the other trader has to enter in order to recieve it, so there's virtually no fear of having the money returned. You can find Moneypak cards at your local department store, probably (I know Walmart has them).

PROTIP: Next time, if you want to deal PayPal without any fear of being chargebacked, use Moneypak. It basically attaches the money to a code that the other trader has to enter in order to recieve it, so there's virtually no fear of having the money returned. You can find Moneypak cards at your local department store, probably (I know Walmart has them).

Only people from states can buy moneypak. :<

actualy a friend of mine once got the same problem too and he actually send screenshots to paypal of the steam trade and he ended up not getting chargebacked so I belive it is possible idk, I was scammed that way as well but didnt try to show any proof or anything 

PAYPAL SUCKS!!! Avoids doing paypal trades,try to use other method.I also was chargedback ,but I lost over 300 $ I showed them a lot of proofs,I told them that the guy chargedback other ppl ,but they didn't give a shit.Sorry mate,be more careful next time,and avoid PAYSHIT!

PAYPAL SUCKS!!! Avoids doing paypal trades,try to use other method.I also was chargedback ,but I lost over 300 $ I showed them a lot of proofs,I told them that the guy chargedback other ppl ,but they didn't give a shit.Sorry mate,be more careful next time,and avoid PAYSHIT!

It is your fault for not checking who you're selling to properly, always sell to a legit trader.

Paypay doesnt recognize virtual trades reason being it's so hard to keep track of things...etc, Again it isnt their fault that you got charged back.

There was a guy here that sold 15 over priced buds to the same seller and got charged back, and then complained/raged. Like really dude someone buying your over priced crap all at once didnt raise a red flag?

It is your fault for not checking who you're selling to properly, always sell to a legit trader.

Paypay doesnt recognize virtual trades reason being it's so hard to keep track of things...etc, Again it isnt their fault that you got charged back.

There was a guy here that sold 15 over priced buds to the same seller and got charged back, and then complained/raged. Like really dude someone buying your over priced crap all at once didnt raise a red flag?

How it was overpriced?If after I got scammed the unusual was sold to Neymar? LOL

Archived