Paypal scammed - needing help

Mr. Pain

Earlier today I sold about $800 worth of items to someone in multiple transactions. About 8 hours later he changed all the payments back. What can I do to improve my chances of winning the chargeback? I've already submitted what I think is a detailed report to paypal including the chat history, inventory history, proof that his account is the account I traded with and that he was the one in control of the accounts. 

This is the first time something like this has happened to me so if someone wants to add me and give any additional help I am all ears and with open arms. 

Also, as a side note, I did check his SR(clean), rep.tf (clean on all sites), and amount of games (154 games 117 DLC) and nothing seemed out of place. I decided to trade with him because he had a large amount of games and was actively playing them.

Earlier today I sold about $800 worth of items to someone in multiple transactions. About 8 hours later he changed all the payments back. What can I do to improve my chances of winning the chargeback? I've already submitted what I think is a detailed report to paypal including the chat history, inventory history, proof that his account is the account I traded with and that he was the one in control of the accounts. 

This is the first time something like this has happened to me so if someone wants to add me and give any additional help I am all ears and with open arms. 

Also, as a side note, I did check his SR(clean), rep.tf (clean on all sites), and amount of games (154 games 117 DLC) and nothing seemed out of place. I decided to trade with him because he had a large amount of games and was actively playing them.

If you have your bank account  hooked up to paypal, call your bank and call fraud and they'll bust his ass and get your money back.

When did trade with this guy exactly? Before this report showed up?

ha, that asshole added me earlier today... 

glad I didn't accept his friend request. 

/Not to be an asshole....But one of these days people will learn to just take a bit of a loss and sell to someone reputable. 

If you have your bank account  hooked up to paypal, call your bank and call fraud and they'll bust his ass and get your money back.

I have a teen checking / saving account linked to it because i'm only 17. Mind if I add to you since I would not know what to say if / when I called. Also, though I would hate to get my parents involved I would assume it would be in my best interest to let them call. 

When did *you trade with this guy exactly? Before this report showed up?

Yes, it was before that report. First trade happened at 11:31 AM last trade happened at 1:05 PM 

ha, that asshole added me earlier today... 

glad I didn't accept his friend request. 

/Not to be an asshole....But one of these days people will learn to just take a bit of a loss and sell to someone reputable. 

A lot of traders buy keys and buds to buy games since it's normally cheaper that way. This is the first time anything like this has happened and it's not uncommon for my buyers to buy this many. Maybe it was just a lapse in judgement on my part but he seemed like a genuine guy just looking to find his next gaming fix.

• Administrators

Yes, it was before that report. First trade happened at 11:31 AM last trade happened at 1:05 PM  

Well, if you filed up enough info, you can win the chargeback. I heard about few reports where people won the chargeback involving Tf2 and games like that.

I had a dispute earlier this month, had screenshots and everything.  Trade details, trade history, confirmation of "sending" of items and receipt of payment.  PayPal didn't give a fuck and sided with "Rusty Titsworth".

On their page regarding disputes, they can automatically close the dispute and side with the buyer if the items were intangible, no matter what evidence you have.  Although that wasn't the case with mine, it definitely shows their stance towards virtual items.

Best bet is to try and personally contact the scammer, and only sell in small, expendable batches.

Archived