Questions about christianity

Teh Betmon

Welcome back

i'd understand that god should have prescience upon things that isn't necessary to know as humans.. e.g why god created the world in the first place.. but why would god hide important things that we should know to worship him.. shouldn't it be clear ?

there are also facts about jesus and his miracles in other religion's holy books.. but moses, abraham and many others had their miracles too.. why jesus was chosen to be the son of god instead of them ?

if god was omnipotent.. couldn't he forgive all the humans without letting his son die?

Thanks for the welcome back.

I believe the Bible is more than enough proof that God exists.

Jesus had to be devine or in other words, perfect. He had to be the descendants from a certain line of people etc. etc. (it gets very complicated). God wanted his son to be perfect. There is a Bible verse regarding that, which you can go search up.

Like I said, that is how God chose to work. This is probaly the most discouraging part of Christianity, but if thats how God works, so be it.

shh, you're starting to make sense, it will scare them away.

I wont be scared away mate.

I will try answer questions with the most of my ability.

If I cannot answer, I will say so.

If I have to agree with you, so be it.

I believe the Bible is more than enough proof that God exists.

by that said, i'll ask you to answer the second question in this thread

How can you trust the bible if there is various versions of it and was written years after jesus death ? doesn't that mean that the first author of the bible was the founder of christianity ? add to that.. does christians have a valid proof that the bible is true quotes from jesus ?

Jesus had to be devine or in other words, perfect.

isn't jesus a human.. and all humans are mistakers ?

is there proof the quran is real book or just a figment of everyone's imagination today? what is love?

baby don't hurt me

as far as i know, yes.. islam is a religion that is backed with reasoning and common sense.. i remember answering a similar question.. so i'll just quote it here.

arab (muslims and non-muslims) scientists are studying the quran until now.. they confirm that quran is the most accurate, faultless book.. written by poets? no, back then arabic was perfect, there were almost no errors in their speech, but still the quran isn't only poems and rhymes, it contains science that people weren't even close to discover it. edited? no, quran was written during the prophet's life.. the prophet himself was illiterate,, quran was carefully carried over generations and people until now still memorizes the quran.

add to that.. quran has only one version and nobody could compete the quran over the centuries.

by that said, i'll ask you to answer the second question in this thread

How can you trust the bible if there is various versions of it and was written years after jesus death ? doesn't that mean that the first author of the bible was the founder of christianity ? add to that.. does christians have a valid proof that the bible is true quotes from jesus ?

Only the New Testament was written after Jesus' death; the Old Testament was written before Jesus came. Usually the different versions of the Bible are very similar, thus you can consider it trustworthy as they all contain the same information and messages.

There are many authors of the Bible. The Bible is a book of books, if you understand that. I dont know who started the Bible, however.

And as always, Christians have no proof that the Bible contains true quotes from Jesus. Only Christians that existed during Jesus' eras would know.

isn't jesus a human.. and all humans are mistakers ?

I like to think of Jesus as Superman. He looks human, but can do much more things than humans can do. Jesus is Gods son, so I would classify Him as holy.

I like to think of Jesus as Superman. 

That's actually quite clever.

Except I'm awaiting the imminent non-humorous observation / 'counter-argument' of 'yeh they's both fickional rekt m8' -_-

Except I'm awaiting the imminent non-humorous observation / 'counter-argument' of 'yeh they's both fickional rekt m8' -_-

they're both fictional

#rekt

they're both fictional

#rekt

If you ask me, god only exists because we mentally created a superior being for our own benefits.

God(s) exists because we demanded a meaning to life, so we forced one onto ourselves and created religion and created a supernatural being as our idol.

I'm athiest, but I had to study the bible for school...

First question is about God
If Mary was a human and jesus was a human doesn't that make the father(god) also a human ? if so, how can he become a god with a weak human body ?

Second is about the bible
How can you trust the bible if there is various versions of it and was written years after jesus death ? doesn't that mean that the first author of the bible was the founder of christianity ?

Third is about the community
If you saw a christian doing drugs or anything wrong and when you asked him why he answers "jesus died for our sins" is this acceptable and what will your reaction be about that ?

1. I think this has something to do with the trinity, father, son, holy spirit. And to answer the first part of the question if you are a certain species, your offspring doesnt have to be the same species, think like a liger son, but being a tiger mother, i think that can apply here. The second part is, humans were supposedly made in the image of god i think so... image doesnt mean physical strength or weakness or wahtever.

2. Well, there is really only 1 real bible, which is written in hebrew i think, after that were just translations, the translations are different cuz 1 word can translate into multiple. I think a few years ago some people found a some holy scripture from the bible dating back the like 200 AD or something and compared it to the recent copy we have, it was 99.9% similar. the 0.1% was stuff like accidental marks.

3. I doubt chrisitians will find this acceptable cuz u know, its just wrong. I think a christian will give him some talk about what jesus did and how he wouldnt want this bla bla bla

Then again, i did fail my bible unit, so iunno

alertttt: tf2 players have evolved to question religion

gabe must terminate

I find it ironic that some atheists on these type of forums are always talking about God, especially in threads like these that are asking Christians to answer questions. But no, you guys just interfere. I understand your belief and I totally accept that, however I dont tolerate insult.

Seriously, why cant you guys let me be and answer the questions on this thread. I knew this would happen, and with that, I will stop talking about religion as a whole on these forums.

Please notice how I said some. Not all you guys are bad =)

Edit: Yeah, I wasnt talking about u Captain. I just replied to your comment because I thought it was suitable for my response =) Thanks for ur understanding.

I find it ironic that some atheists on these type of forums are always talking about God, especially in threads like these that are asking Christians to answer questions. But no, you guys just interfere. I understand your belief and I totally accept that, however I dont tolerate insult.

Seriously, why cant you guys let me be and answer the questions on this thread. I knew this would happen, and with that, I will stop talking about religion as a whole on these forums.

Please notice how I said some. Not all you guys are bad =)

i'm not atheist my friend, but i understand ur logic. i dont want to be considered agnostic but i guess you could say i technically am, there are too many questions out there that humans cant provide a truthful answer to and ive accepted that. i hope you can take what i said as a simple and general joke in an objective sense, ty

why do you guys believe in something that is impossible to see, impossible to hear, impossible to smell, touch or taste? there's no difference between believing in something that might be there and something that isn't there.

why do you guys believe in something that is impossible to see, impossible to hear, impossible to smell, touch or taste? there's no difference between believing in something that might be there and something that isn't there.

If you ask me, god only exists because we mentally created a superior being for our own benefits.
God(s) exists because we demanded a meaning to life, so we forced one onto ourselves and created religion and created a supernatural being as our idol.

i can tell you that ancient egyptians didn't exist.. but what about the pyramids and mummies, were they made up too ? 

i can tell you that ancient egyptians didn't exist.. but what about the pyramids and mummies, were they made up too ?

troll level: maximum

you can't tell us that because there is irrefutable, absolute and undeniable proof that they existed. real proof, objects, languages, skeletons etc. you're being overtly philosophical to the point where you are making absolutely no sense. you selectively apply your logic to cherry-picked nonsensical arguments.

stop trolling or make more sense. then you will be closer to the answers you seek.

Egyptian ruins are not proof of the existence of ra, greek temples are not proof of the existence of zeus, viking ruins and relics are not proof of the existence of odin, the vedas are not proof of the existence of shiva, and the tipitaka is not proof of the existence of the buddha.  But yet somehow, the talmud/bible/qur'an must be proof of the existence of god/allah.

Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

troll level: maximum

you can't tell us that because there is irrefutable, absolute and undeniable proof that they existed. real proof, objects, languages, skeletons etc. you're being overtly philosophical to the point where you are making absolutely no sense. you selectively apply your logic to cherry-picked nonsensical arguments.

stop trolling or make more sense. then you will be closer to the answers you seek.

objects --> old churches and mosques

writings--> quran, bible

skeletons--> graves

real proof--> there would be no challenge if anyone was able to see the god.. but signs do exist

yes, it makes sense.. if these "myths" doesn't have any effect to the current life.. then i would personally say its false.

objects --> old churches and mosques

writings--> quran, bible

skeletons--> graves

real proof--> there would be no challenge if anyone was able to see the god.. but signs do exist

yes, it makes sense.. if these "myths" doesn't have any effect to the current life.. then i would personally say its false.

facepalm

Archived