Does anyone recognize this problem?

Hugeisno1

Have you tried pressing crtl + f5?

edit: crtl+ f5 redownloads the page. F5 reloads content from the browser cache, the extension might have messed around with your browser cache and you're just reloading the same "problem" when you're refreshing

edit: crtl+ f5 redownloads the page. F5 reloads content from the browser cache, the extension might have messed around with your browser cache and you're just reloading the same "problem" when you're refreshing

NO! We are not making another pyramid! Go to a desert and make your own.

I've cleared my browser history and cache entirely. It seems to have fixed the problem although it has introduced a new one. Steam thinks I'm on a new machine now. No trading for a week XD

I've cleared my browser history and cache entirely. It seems to have fixed the problem although it has introduced a new one. Steam thinks I'm on a new machine now. No trading for a week XD

Sigh just steam being annoying like always.

You would expect them to spent a bit more time fixing glitches and bugs with the system they implement to make them money wouldnt you? Trade offers is the most buggy/glitchy thing every implemented, steam guard is next to pointless (easy to bypass and only honest players are getting punished for it) and they have done nothing about phishing links (is it really that hard to implement what outpost and bazzar already have since ages ago?)

There's reasons for what they do. Steam guard in theory makes sense and as far as I can tell has helped people. I know I'd rather had this week of no trade than risk a phisher or hacker having access to my inventory right away.

I do agree that trade offers need work., They're buggy and don't work all the time. I'm sure they're busy fixing it, they'd be fools not.
Not being able to send trade offers to non-friends is also understandable. While we legit traders would love being able to send anyone a trade offer there's people out there who would abuse that system to shark and con other players. They do have the work around through which you can post the trade offer link anywhere.

They'll sort out the Phishers some day. It might be a bit of a shotgun tactic when they do but what other options do they have? They could target the bots. Some human verifier sent to all accounts or something. Anyone with a trade bot will hate it but it would remove the majority of phishers at least.

There's reasons for what they do. Steam guard in theory makes sense and as far as I can tell has helped people. I know I'd rather had this week of no trade than risk a phisher or hacker having access to my inventory right away.

They'll sort out the Phishers some day. It might be a bit of a shotgun tactic when they do but what other options do they have? They could target the bots. Some human verifier sent to all accounts or something. Anyone with a trade bot will hate it but it would remove the majority of phishers at least.

As i have said before, steam guard is too easy to bypass (it's basically a file when it's activated you can trade when it's not you cant) hackers can easily bypass it making only honest users get punished.

They have the very obvious option of filtering URLs pasted in chat. i.e. red link when it's not a official site and green when it is which is what every other trading website does and it instantly solved the problem.

Instead they opted to have obvious fail fixes limiting adds, extending the steamguard...obvious problems such as people who regularly trade...etc

Archived