Do NOT use TRADE OFFERS.

oblivion276678

https://support.steampowered.com/view.php?ticketref=6145-TDJL-4771 Had 2 knives stolen from me by this user: https://support.steampowered.com/view.php?ticketref=6145-TDJL-4771 . Please add him and explain to him what happened, all the proof is in my ticket.

Also, don't use trade offers, you have a very high chance at getting your items stolen by the recieving end.

why do you link people to your support ticket? You do realize that only You and Valve can see the ticket right?

why do you link people to your support ticket? You do realize that only You and Valve can see the ticket right?

Nvm mind then. Basically I sent a trade offer for a 2:1 and it ended up being a 2:0. User blocked me end of story.

You maybe forgot to select the knife. Check your recent trade accepted/sent trade offers and you can see if you did forget to add it up.

Nvm mind then. Basically I sent a trade offer for a 2:1 and it ended up being a 2:0. User blocked me end of story.

There is literally no way he could of "stolen" anything from you via trade offers. This just means you did not review the offer before accepting. Steam's job is not to police "user errors". This guy is a dick for tricking you into accepting it, but you accepted it. No two ways about it, your stupidity lost you two knives, not him =/

Did he block you right after the trade went through or was there more that caused him to block you?

You maybe forgot to select the knife. Check your recent trade accepted/sent trade offers and you can see if you did forget to add it up.

There is literally no way he could of "stolen" anything from you via trade offers. This just means you did not review the offer before accepting. Steam's job is not to police "user errors". This guy is a dick for tricking you into accepting it, but you accepted it. No two ways about it, your stupidity lost you two knives, not him =/

I'm not that stupid. I didn't take a screenshot of it before but I am positive I did not do a 2:0. If you don't believe me look at grimdercells status update further down.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/statuses/user/255-grimdercell/?status_id=47960

Seems like you're just kinda dumb.

Thank you for being useful.

Either way, could have been an error on Steam's part if this happened.  Not much you can do about it, sorry to say.

Thank you for being useful.

Either way, could have been an error on Steam's part if this happened.  Not much you can do about it, sorry to say.

I realize that. I'm not too hopeful of getting my items back but I just wanted to warn the community. Doesn't look like the community gives half a shit.

Seems like you're just kinda dumb.

Seems to me like you just assume shit you can't even back up.

Well, I got 5 buds stolen from me. It's your fault for not reviewing the trade first. The guy is a asshole for taking it. Steam will not return the knife unless your account is hijacked

oh no i used trade offers all my items are gone what do i do help me omg steam support help pls

Funny. If you just want to be a dick, please, be my guest, but here's not the place to do it. You don't believe it? Be my guest and send a trade offer, maybe you'll get lucky like I did.

I'm not that stupid. I didn't take a screenshot of it before but I am positive I did not do a 2:0. If you don't believe me look at grimdercells status update further down.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/statuses/user/255-grimdercell/?status_id=47960

Very interesting... I still think it's user error. I have never heard of anyone figuring out a trick to making trade offers lie about their contents. Still think this is a case of user error.

Also yeah Zhuocheng is right, you have literally 0% chance of steam giving them back or doing anything about the asshole who got your knives... Sucks but that's steam xD

Well, I got 5 buds stolen from me. It's your fault for not reviewing the trade first. The guy is a asshole for taking it. Steam will not return the unusual unless your account is hijacked

I realize that. I'm not too hopeful of getting my items back but I just wanted to warn the community. Doesn't look like the community gives half a shit.

Very interesting... I still think it's user error. I have never heard of anyone figuring out a trick to making trade offers lie about their contents. Still think this is a case of user error.

Also yeah Zhuocheng is right, you have literally 0% chance of steam giving them back or doing anything about the asshole who got your knives... Sucks but that's steam xD

Can we get a screenshot of this? steamcommunity.com/id/souleatingkitteh/inventoryhistory/ just for kicks?
Also can you post the ID of the person who now has the stolen items?

I just sent 5 trade offers to my alt and they all worked fine. It'd be nice to know what causes the glitch.

For now, it'd be best to pay close attention to what actually gets sent when you make an offer.

oblivion is just trying to warn you guys about this whole trade glitch, he knows that he has a slim chance of getting his items back so stop posting that same shit over and over again.

oblivion is just trying to warn you guys about this whole trade glitch, he knows that he has a slim chance of getting his items back so stop posting that same shit over and over again.

Just saying but every time there is a "glitch" which gets the community in a witch hunt most of the time it was actually the person who made a mistake...

Every time someone reports trade offers messing up and resulting in something like this, Mossy sends me one offering a taunt for my unusuals...

Sorry for your loss. Always triple check with trade offers. If they're not loading properly then be patient and wait for later.

I just sent 5 trade offers to my alt and they all worked fine. It'd be nice to know what causes the glitch.

For now, it'd be best to pay close attention to what actually gets sent when you make an offer.

The thing about this is the glitch just happens on its own, and its rather rare, but its left its mark. fortunately i use trade offers just about never but I wouldn't be surprised if someone managed to bypass the system to get profit

The thing about this is the glitch just happens on its own, and its rather rare, but its left its mark. fortunately i use trade offers just about never but I wouldn't be surprised if someone managed to bypass the system to get profit

DWye0XT.jpg

Archived