So I want to make my first price suggestion, and I have a question

Oiracsid

So I understand there is a difference between the pure b/o and overpay with unusual buyout. 

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/18589513

So in total according to backpack 

13.1 for the grimm

4 for the lucha

12 keys for the pug 

8 keys pure 

2.7 keys

so roughly 18 buds and 6 keys. 

Now i understand overpay does not apply

so would i just price the hat at the traders b/o of 14 or can I do 17?

or just adjust the range from 14-17?

Help would be nice :] I really want to learn how to price hats

His Buyout could have been 10, but if it sold for more in non-pure then you have to use overpay. Also check the hats he obtained in the trade to see if they're duped.  If so the pricing isn't correct.  And you also have to make sure that every hat that was used in the trade other than the Ubersternmann has an updated pricing on bp.tf

If they do, you take the middle range of every item that it sold for, add it all up, and multiply it by 0.9

If his buyout was 14 then that is the most you can take the sale as.

This is completely wrong.  Just because his buyout was 14 that doesn't mean that's what the sale was at.  If both the hats are outdated, you have to update their prices first.

So slocumruls do I just show the trade? Or do i still need to calculate overpay?

First you will need to update the grimm and any other outdated hats. Then yes overpay should be applied but if it totals more than 14 still it should be taken at 14 flat.

This is completely wrong.  Just because his buyout was 14 that doesn't mean that's what the sale was at.  If both the hats are outdated, you have to update their prices first.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/6033-new-unusual-price-suggestion-guide-the-cheat-sheet/

No sale should be valued higher than a hat’s buyout in pure. If a person in the comments of a trade states a willingness to sell for "x" pure, the trade should not be valued above "x."

thank you to boom. nutshot for posting that on a price suggestion earlier today.

No sale should be valued higher than a hat’s buyout in pure. If a person in the comments of a trade states a willingness to sell for "x" pure, the trade should not be valued above "x."

Why the fuck is this even a thing?  What's to make someone from going back and altering his b/o after the sale was made to manipulate the true price of the hat?  My B/O for a 10 bud hat could be 11, and my sale could occur at 12 in unusuals, then I can go back and make my B/O 9 if I wanted to fuck the other person over.  Prices should be set on what it sold for, not what the person expected to get.

3 months is too old regardless

I think you miss when that trade was actually closed 

Last Bump:

Jun 28th, 2014 5:34pm

So does this mean I have to price the hat within 3 months? Because if that is the case I can find little to no evidence of trades for the grim, they all seem to be private trades... 

Why the fuck is this even a thing?  What's to make someone from going back and altering his b/o after the sale was made to manipulate the true price of the hat?  My B/O for a 10 bud hat could be 11, and my sale could occur at 12 in unusuals, then I can go back and make my B/O 9 if I wanted to fuck the other person over.  Prices should be set on what it sold for, not what the person expected to get.

Feel free to make a separate thread expressing your feelings about this rule.

Archived