Question bout hijacked accounts

eggbot

• Administrators

Just wondering, what is the max number of days steam support will return an account after a ticket is sent

I helped a guy out few days back to get back his account. It took him about 4 days to get a reply back from steam.

If your report is solid and good, expect them to get back to you within 2 to 5 days, if it is a bit clumsy they might get back to you within a week or a bit more.

I helped a guy out few days back to get back his account. It took him about 4 days to get a reply back from steam.

If your report is solid and good, expect them to get back to you within 2 to 5 days, if it is a bit clumsy they might get back to you within a week or a bit more.

Cool , thanks

It really just depends on how many other tickets they are getting at the time. Right now I would bet that they are getting a lot more than normal due to the steam sale.

Sometimes, they just say screw you even if you were scammed, and you lose your BP. It just depends. 

Sometimes, they just say screw you even if you were scammed, and you lose your BP. It just depends. 

They check if you were legit hijacked because people saw the "restoring" as a way to profit, they traded their bp to a friend, friend sells it off for full price before it's duped and they then they sent steam a message...etc which is why they became a lot more strict

I believe they check if your sccount was accessed by a external IP or if you were logged on from a new place and trade occurred when the steam guard is mean to kick in otherwise they wont restore. This is the reason why a lot of people who got a virus/remote control to trade from their computer didnt get their bp restored.

Archived