Stickybomb Launcher got fixed again :D

Dreadscope

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

• Reverted the recent stickybomb damage ramp up change. We will continue to evaluate the use of stickybomb air detonations and potential changes to that mechanic.
  • Fixed being able to taunt with enemies between spawn room doors
  • Fixed a problem with The Senguko Scorcher's materials
  • Updated the Towering Pillar of Summer Shades so they are marketable
  • Updated the attribute description for the Back Scatter to better explain what it does
  • Updated the localization files

Oh happy day :D :D :D.

Wait so they removed the nerf? :D

Edit: Nerf was stupid and made sticky unusable, valve should really take the community's take on buffs/nerfs Eg sticky ammo should just be just lowered to 6 so it's more balanced. If anything why isnt the red tape recorder or short circuit nerfed...

As it's intended to be.

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2253

To quote: "This is because it's generally a dual purpose weapon: used offensively like a rocket launcher, and defensively to create traps."

Kinda defeats the entire purpose of the Grenade Launcher if the Sticky can do things just as well, sometimes even better.

boooooo

back to having the stickybomb being used as an offensive weapon again.

It has to be, the nerf basically made the sticky so slow and unusable in comp.

If they are going to nerf it they should take the community's 2cents and just decrease it's ammo to 6 stickys. Makes it more balanced, you cant spam and it doesnt nerf the class to be unusable.

Kinda defeats the entire purpose of the Grenade Launcher if the Sticky can do things just as well, sometimes even better.

The Grenade Lancher is superior in most up-close combat, especially against quicker classes. It's also useful for more long-range spam in the form of rollers. It's not as powerful or versatile as the Sticky, sure, but it does have its uses and advantages.

Sticky fails at long range combat and corner clearing. Grenade Launcher is still the better choice when clearing out tight corners as well as denying sniper "campgrounds" where the sniper perches himself on a small platform.

Now they just need to revert the axtinguisher's nerf

No. Its was actually an ok nerf. I like it. The axtinguisher degreaser combo was on like 80% of pyros who knew its effectiveness. Now other melee weps are getting some lovin <3 The crit range is the same as the spies backstab range anyway, so its still half of the target.

No. Its was actually an ok nerf. I like it. The axtinguisher degreaser combo was on like 80% of pyros who knew its effectiveness. Now other melee weps are getting some lovin <3 The crit range is the same as the spies backstab range anyway, so its still half of the target.

the sticky is the 100% choice for demos all over the world and for a good reason its damage output is the highest in the game

Damage Maximum ramp-up 115% 138 Base damage 100% 120 Maximum fall-off 50% 60 Critical 6 ft: 180

3 ft: 261

Under: 353 Mini-crit 6 ft: 81

3 ft: 117

Under: 162 Splash damage Minimum splash 50% 11.4 ft Damage reduction 1% / 3.18 Splash damage range 6 ft: 47-90

3 ft: 60-124

Under: 103-138 Self-damage 45-114

I dont deslike the sticky hell no.as soon as I saw the today update I went online grab my Buddie medic he equipped the kritzkrieg and we annihilated the entire enemy team back to spawn for the entire match.

Badwater was the map

killstreak 52 ragequits 100%

all over the place.

Yeah stickies are again op.

Thanks valve I can once again enjoy the game.

resultin:

nerf the shit out of that crapy weapon its unfair against every class exceptions are some desend dcouts that can actually see where you spam and avoid them.for the rest of the classes theres realy no hope to avoid them without a short circuit assistant.

nerf the shit out of that crapy weapon its unfair against every class exceptions are some desend dcouts that can actually see where you spam and avoid them.for the rest of the classes theres realy no hope to avoid them without a short circuit assistant.

Yeah... No one can counter it. Except the Soldier with a good rocket in the trap (scatters the stickies around), the Pyro with the Airblast, another Demo with a ScoRes, the Engi with Pistol or Short-Circuit, the Spy with a cloak and backstab. The heavy will usually kill you with his Minigun unless you get him by surprise from behind.

To quote: "This is because it's generally a dual purpose weapon: used offensively like a rocket launcher, and defensively to create traps."

Just because its purpose is such doesn't mean Valve intended it to be such.

Now they just need to revert the axtinguisher's nerf

No thanks. Besides, nearly all decent pyros I've came across used the Powerjack over the Axtinguisher anyways.

Archived