Steam Backup Not Working?

knavesmith

So I'm trying to make a backup out of the following games selected in the listed order:

•Counter-Strike: Source

•Team Fortress 2

•Garry's Mod

•Terraria

•Super Hexagon

•Battleblock Theater

However, every time I try to make a backup out of all of these games, the backup simply stops for some reason. The MB counter stops at 28583 and the timer slowly increments by a second every minute or so.

I don't know what is causing this to happen as it always stops at that specific number. (It happened to me last time and I specifically remember it ending in a 3)

So far, I've made individual backups for TF2, Garry's Mod, and CS:S and none of them have halted the backup process. (Although I did have to re-download some files) I am going to make individual backups of the other 3 games later and see if those cause any problems.

Regardless, could someone help explain as to what is going on? I assume it's a specific game that has a problem because it always stops at that specific number, but I'm not entirely sure.

And just in case this might be relevant in any way to this problem, my Steam Client lags horribly whenever I am making a backup. Probably normal behavior but iunno.

There's certain amount of data/games you can backup before it reaches the max capacity? I think they've set it like that, not sure tho.. At least when I'm uploading screenshots in to the steam it shows the bar with how much I have space left to use..

Looks like you will have to install each game again :T

That isn't even the entire list of games I currently have installed, just the more important games of the bunch.

Ok, I've made individual backups of the listed games and they have all succeeded. (Although my Client had to verify the integrity of the cache for most of them.) I seriously don't know what is causing this to fail.

There's certain amount of data/games you can backup before it reaches the max capacity? I think they've set it like that, not sure tho.. At least when I'm uploading screenshots in to the steam it shows the bar with how much I have space left to use..

I don't think that would be the case considering I'm making the backup on my own computer. That data cap that shows when uploading a screenshot is the amount of data you have left on your cloud.

Archived