The Story: The Rise And Fall Of Vince

Vince

so, I dont know really where to start.
I'll start at the beginning
December: 2011

My friend convinces me to buy a minecraft account. I bought a minecraft account and joined 2 servers in the course of 3 months. I eventually became staff on the two servers and I started up a server that summer. I made friends on these servers, in particular a person with the name _i_am_a_helper_ We added each other on a few different gaming platforms and we played a lot, a verity of different games. One of the servers I was staff on started a steam group, so I made a steam account (may 5th 2012). I later left that server and stayed with another server and my own server until early 2013. I was using a laptop at the time and in December of 2012 I built my own $1,000 computer. I started playing tf2 and of course added my friend on steam. I learned about trading and started to trade. I had like a bud when my friend unboxed with some of my keys and got an unusual. I bought in with $20 and started trading and was eventually scammed when i was "cashing out". My friend loaned me a bud and I started up again, this time it went up and up and up. By the end of the summer I had close to 30 buds. This friend was always around we traded and loaned each other stuff. Eventually I kept trading and pulling in the profit. My friend and I liked to troll a lot on different servers and that was normally done by making huge ass trades. I started suggesting full time for backpack.tf after the summer and became a regular around the place. I did a lot of high tier suggestions and I joined the forums, I liked the community and stayed. I kept trading and had close to 60 buds by November. I had issues in November which is where the alt thing happened. Got trade banned, etc, I started to paypal trade then and I kept trading up to 100 buds by March and it kept going and going. I then bought a knifestorm fancy fedora for my friend with 21 buds so he could give it to a friend. He gave it to a friend, but the thing is he used credit to buy it. To date he had only repaid about 13 of the 21 buds. We kept trolling, perhaps about once a month. He held onto the fedora for a while (he gave it to his friend in may). And that leads me to today where he took advantage of me and ran with over $3,000 in virtual hats. I quicksold all of my remaining stuff and was offically done trading. I however do not plan on leaving the community or leaving steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/myballsitchbad is the friend I've known for years

tl:dr I was taken advantage of and lost money out of it

I am NOT leaving

I would also like to thank some people who have been helpful (sorry if i forgot some and in no certain order)
Geel9 - he let me list some items on marketplace before and helped with submitting a report
Captain Big Balls - someone to talk to and someone who was always there for me
Chigga - got me into unusual trading sold me a hearts tree for 3
Chimera - someone who was always there
Pie Roe Us! - someeone who kept me up to date on trading stuff
Awesome Mc Cool Name - someone who was always there to help me price a trade
Kaushu//Woifi//Polar Bear//Bucket - helped me improve my pricing suggestions and told me how to fix them (and mvm)
Alex From Security - someone who always understood me
Santa Heavy - someone who was there to talk
Faceman - someone who kept me in the game
Nick Fury - someone who was there to play mvm
Duscoda - thanks for the pda and someone who was there to chat with
Liddo Junior - kept me up to date with paypal prices
Arokhantos - someone who was always there to chat
Bakgrund - someone who was there to talk about trading
Pyroman - someone who was there to help
d0 - for selling a mn boa
Chewbs - a good mvm player
Grimes - someone who was always there to trade with ;3
Diamond Havoc - because he didnt take 8 pure on a bubbling pullover
and the backpack.tf community for being there in the good and bad

thank you,
vince

But howw arr wee gona 1:1 our summur cerds noww? ;(

Sorry to hear that, mate. $3000 is more than I have ever had.

• Administrators

so, I dont know really where to start. 

I'll start at the beginning

December: 2011

http://steamcommunity.com/id/myballsitchbad is the friend I've known for years

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pokeguy135/ is his brother

I am NOT leaving

thank you,

vince

That is a lot of money, did you report your "friend" anywhere yet? Or you didn't screenshot anything since he was trustworthy to you?

That is a lot of money, did you report your "friend" anywhere yet? Or you didn't screenshot anything since he was trustworthy to you?

reported him to steam i dont have enough for a SR report afaik

• Administrators

reported him to steam i dont have enough for a SR report afaik

Damn, he is banned in a lot of sites for scamming and sharking.  I would be very careful to be friend with someone who has committed crimes before even if they have learned their lesson.

http://rep.tf/76561198070607716

d0 - for selling a mn boa

On the bright side, at least you don't have to sell a MN BoA.

Life Lesson #1: 

If someone has "A Virus Named Tom" avatar, unfriend them and run....run far...far away. 

izz0wop.png

• Administrators

And thats why I don't trust my friends with even a key.

Then you have trust issues. With the person he has been trusting was already banned on few sites for scamming and sharking.

And thats why I don't trust my friends with even a key.

Good idea.... 

I can honestly count the number of friends (that I don't know irl) that I would lend anything of any real value to. 

Then you have trust issues. With the person he has been trusting was already banned on few sites for scamming and sharking.

Ehh, not really...Its the internet, you really shouldn't trust anyone. 

" And that leads me to today where he took advantage of me and ran with over $3,000 in virtual hats."

Stuff like this is why I am sometime "stuck up" and don't lend stuff out. It's the internet. People do something wrong and have no actual consequences. Sure, you can ban them, but nothing is stopping them from making an alt. 

I lent a friend a key once.

ONCE.

It never came back.

1 Key...

KILL THAT AWFUL FRIEND D:<

But howw arr wee gona 1:1 our summur cerds noww? ;(

Sorry to hear that, mate. $3000 is more than I have ever had.

yeah when i need to 1:1 cards ;3

• Administrators

Ehh, not really...Its the internet, you really shouldn't trust anyone. 

If you can't trust a little bit, then don't do paypal trading at all.

Again, he was already a marked scammer on Outpost, Scrap.tf.

Um.... This whole incident kind of proves the trust no one thing....

• Administrators

Damn, he is banned in a lot of sites for scamming and sharking.  I would be very careful to be friend with someone who has committed crimes before even if they have learned their lesson.

http://rep.tf/76561198070607716

If you can't trust a little bit, then don't do paypal trading at all.

Again, he was already a marked scammer on Outpost, Scrap.tf.

Um.... This whole incident kind of proves the trust no one thing....

Archived