Library.tf

Bleeblob

Voter Poll  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should Library.tf be implemented

• Yes. This needs to be implemented!
    • I don't care if it is or not.
    • No, What stupid idea is that?!
  2. 2. Would you use it to trade or sell games?

• Yes all the time.
    • Maybe sometimes.
    • Never, this sucks.

I was thinking, we have a backpack.tf to look up TF2 item prices, why cant we have something similar to look for steam game prices? (In metal or keys) It would be a completely different site. not connected in anyway to backpack.tf other than having a tab on the website. This could be a huge breakthrough for the community since steam game trading has become bigger than ever. This would also help link all the websites like Bazaar.tf, TF2outpost, Dispenser.tf and more. Am I making a fool of myself or is this a good idea? And is this just a re-post of someones similar/exact idea?

No. Unlike items, the price of games change drastically (Sales, popup sales, bundles, new version released...etc) you cant rely on a site to tell you what it should be, if you are trading games and need a website to tell you what things should be worth you shouldnt be trading.

I understand your point, They do change fast, but it isn't everyday steam has a decent sale going on. Many sellers restock on sales days, and don't usually change their prices of the game if there's a sale or not.

I mean, sometimes a $40 game can sell for 16 keys and thats a big difference if you were to buy them off from paypal. I'm not sure if that would be so helpful in that context.

I understand your point, They do change fast, but it isn't everyday steam has a decent sale going on. Many sellers restock on sales days, and don't usually change their prices of the game if there's a sale or not.

Sales and discounts are different from region to region, there are vouchers/discount codes to account for, not to mention traders all have different origins of where they get their stuff. Some games are also region locked...etc 

Imo it brings too many issues to implement and having a site dedicated for pricing games is quite literally asking for people to take advantage of it.

With our unusual prices being so out of date i dont see how we would be able to follow, maintain and keep the prices of games up to date. 

Didnt think of that. and you prove your point well enough.

you cant rely on a site to tell you what it should be, if you are trading games and need a website to tell you what things should be worth

Backpack.tf doesn't TELL you the price. it SUGGESTS it and can be used as a GUIDELINE since a lot of trades are far from backpack prices.

As Derpeh pointed out, also we cannot because of the different prices in other regions/other currency.

i.e - Russian store tend to have the cheapest.

Some region locked games & Brazilians may have the cheapest , it could turn out to be 33-50% cheaper than USD.

Wouldn't work with the sales/different currency/quicksellers and all the scammer(game revokers) that's flooding the market.

Nice idea, but wouldn't work.

Archived