GG Avast GG

Zcrab

So I was going to play CS:GO but, then Avast figures that CS:GO might aswell just contain a virus... I had played CS:GO many times before that(and no I did not install a hack) and I just closed it.

Then I tried to lunch CS:GO again, aaand this:

1zpsldy.png

If you wonder what the bottom says it is: "The specified module could not be found"

I have uninstalled Avast, and I have tried to lunch other games, and they work perfectly fine.

What do I do?

lol

avast catched an amd ccc driver dll-file as virus for me, uninstall that crap

do the usual stuff, verify your game cache integrity and if that does not help, reinstall the game

• Administrators

avast catched an amd ccc driver dll-file as virus for me, uninstall that crap

Uninstall what crap?

Uninstall what crap?

nvm, didn't read that he already uninstalled avast

i meant that he should uninstall avast

• Administrators

nvm, didn't read that he already uninstalled avast

i meant that he should uninstall avast

lol why? Avast is one of the best Antivirus out there. Perhaps he should change settings? It had something to do with settings? I never had any problem with avast.

Uninstall what crap?

Avast obviously.

Shitty software made by shitty people. They are bad, and they should feel bad.

2gumfsl.jpg

Also, I did not have the payed version.

• Administrators

Avast obviously.

lol why? Avast is one of the best Antivirus out there. Perhaps he should change settings? It had something to do with settings? I never had any problem with avast.

I am currently using Avast and have no problem whatsoever.

I am currently using Avast and have no problem whatsoever.

I cant fucking play my games when ever I fucking want. And thats a bigger problem than what you think it is

• Administrators

AVG. Period.

inb4 i get rekt by a virus

I cant fucking play my games when ever I fucking want. And thats a bigger problem than what you think it is

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2689623

AVG and Avast are two of the best antivirus out there....

I think its a problem with CSGO itself. This guy was using AVG and got his CSGO crashed as well. Its either the game itself making the antivirus think one of their file is virus or problem with any antivirus overall which thinks that the file of CSGO is a virus. One of the two for sure.

I will come back, if I find any solution for this.

• Administrators

AVG. Period.

inb4 i get rekt by a virus

Yup, looks like a problem of CSGO making some of the most used antivirus think that one of its file is some sort of virus or something.

Look at reply of Raigen (Was using Norton)

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2625971

• Administrators

-Snip-

-snip-

-snip-

Problem with CSGO confirmed  B)

Valve even created a thread/page about this very same problem.

See if this helps.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Failed_to_load_Launcher_DLL_error

Conclusion : Don't go on a blaming spree at Antivirus programs just because you don't like it before figuring out the real problem.  :ph34r:

I always have Avast on Silent/Gaming Mode and I have it set to exclude the Steam folders to check because I get better performance and I clean it out myself anyway :P

Avast obviously.

2gumfsl.jpg

Also, I did not have the payed version.

launch* paid*

The second one I understand (although it always irritates me) but what's with misspelling launch? You've misspelled it every single time. Heck it even says "launcher" yet you still type "lunch." Are you trying to run CS:GO or eat it for lunch?

[/rant]

I can't stand avast. Everyone told me how great it was. Well I downloaded it, set it up for maximum control on my end, and it still went on a rampage and started deleting all my shit. It also constantly blocked stuff even though I disabled its firewall. Never using it again... To be honest most antivirus programs I've used are way too intrusive for my liking. I get that they're trying to stop viruses, but they get too many false positives for my liking.

• Administrators

I can't stand avast. Everyone told me how great it was. Well I downloaded it, set it up for maximum control on my end, and it still went on a rampage and started deleting all my shit. It also constantly blocked stuff even though I disabled its firewall. Never using it again... To be honest most antivirus programs I've used are way too intrusive for my liking. I get that they're trying to stop viruses, but they get too many false positives for my liking.

Its not only Avast, almost all antivirus have the same problem, they will detect something as virus and will either move it to chest/remove it whichever you put your settings on.

There will always be pros and cons on all things. You can't expect antivirus to have all the pros and not have any cons, thats imaginative and will never happen. :P

Its not only Avast, almost all antivirus have the same problem, they will detect something as virus and will either move it to chest/remove it whichever you put your settings on.

There will always be pros and cons on all things. You can't expect antivirus to have all the pros and not have any cons, thats imaginative and will never happen. :P

All antivirus software have pros and cons. Avast just has way too many cons than other antivirus software.

launch* paid*

The second one I understand (although it always irritates me) but what's with misspelling launch? You've misspelled it every single time. Heck it even says "launcher" yet you still type "lunch." Are you trying to run CS:GO or eat it for lunch?

[/rant]

2v30z0k.jpg

-Picture-

You misspelled it twice in your first post and you misspelled it when making a meme. It says "launcher" in the error, so how the hell can you misspell "launch." Don't you also think it's weird to say "I tried to lunch CS:GO"? It sounds like you tried to have "CS:GO" for lunch.

That's also ironic for you to say considering you got mad at me for saying "k" a few times.

You misspelled it twice in your first post and you misspelled it when making a meme. It says "launcher" in the error, so how the hell can you misspell "launch." Don't you also think it's weird to say "I tried to lunch CS:GO"? It sounds like you tried to have "CS:GO" for lunch.

That's also ironic for you to say considering you got mad at me for saying "k" a few times.

13z77n7.jpg

-Irrelevant Meme-

I never said it was hard to understand what you meant, therefore your meme is invalid.

Archived