Is it possible to fill a human body with water without killing it?

KaiZeR Van WiZe™

So I had this idea earlier.

Our bodies are pretty flexible, right? I wonder if it's possible to fill the free space in our abdomen with water, so we would always have a sheer supply of H2O. 

Or just out of curiosity. Is it possible to punch a hole thru our chest / abs, pour water to fill the extra space, not taken by the guts.

The only space in our abdomen is in our stomach, we would just be bloated all the time, and it would suck. 

#livingaquarium

I come from a land far in the future. We've figured out how to live with water in our abdomens. We have clear chest skin, and plenty of space for fish. The fish nibble on our organs, eating dead flesh which floats to the surface. 

Your cells would probably lyse and that wound which was used to send the water into your abdominal/chest cavity would not close.

But think about it. Water is pretty good vs bullets, like when a bullet enters water, it either slows down at once, or falls apart. So it could probably save you, to have a body full water, on a war, for example. 

And lol. just imagine how it would affect Your enemy psychologically. He / she shoots u, but u instead of crawling up and moaring in pain, water sprays out of the hole lol 

But think about it. Water is pretty good vs bullets, like when a bullet enters water, it either slows down at once, or falls apart. So it could probably save you, to have a body full water, on a war, for example. 

And lol. just imagine how it would affect Your enemy psychologically. He / she shoots u, but u instead of crawling up and moaring in pain, water sprays out of the hole lol 

Water mixed with a bunch of Blood and Trauma

Guys... Guys!!!

I don't mean filling up Your abdomen is in drinking a lot of water... GODDAMN... 

I mean, filling up the FREE SPACE THAT IS NOT TAKEN BY YOUR GUTS. 

No, just drinking too much water can cause us to die as it dilutes our blood :S

DAMN...

It wouldn't even get into our bloodstream... cuz u'd never get it in the digestive organs...

You get shot. Bullet enters your water-bloated body. Water doesn't do jack shit. You slowly bleed to death as the water pours out of you, probably causing even more intense pain. You die. It's a pretty good idea, but I think you could tweak it a bit.

DAMN...

It wouldn't even get into our bloodstream... cuz u'd never get it in the digestive organs...

It puts pressure on your organs. Also, ever heard of diffusion?

Obv I did, but would the tissues actually absorb enough water to kill you? For some reason even being in a pool for 3 hours I get thirsty every 40 mins~ 

This reminds me of a story.

There was once a doctor who had a patient who needed a cast for his broken bones. So the doctor put him under so he could not feel the pain for the procedure, and when the patient woke up, his skeleton was missing, and the doctor was never heard of again.

LOL

Anyways, thats how I lost my medical licence.

on a serious note not from the Meet The Medic video

lol I did it again.

No we are not.. I was actually considering it right now... But, do our organs have membranes as coating? So water could move in and out? This I am not sure...  

Archived