About the price of Service Medals

Brad Pitt

29 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best solution to price Service Medals

• Make the price 0.5-2 buds (full range)
    • Make the price dynamic depending on the medal # (requires hard-coding, so no suggestions - like the craft # bonuses)
    • Other?

With an item that varies from person to person (with pretty much every single one of them being "collectables") I really don't think there should be a determined price for it to be completely honest.  I understand that this is a general price guide and you want to do your best to give everything a general value, but an 8325 may only pull 20 keys while an 8328 could pull 1 bud or something.  Along with the fact that the closer it is to #1, the price jumps substantially from number to number

Full range isn't good. Rather keep it as it is now but of course I would prefer the craft # thing. Even a #1 team cpt is worth way more than 2 buds, it' still better than nothing.

Dynamic prices, Perhaps a post mimicking a suggestion with proof and all to be transparent about how they being priced. But really, there are a ton of "special" numbers, I would only go as far as 10-100, 100-500 etc.

you haven't traded medals in a while, have ya

I'm not giving actual numbers or market prices, I am giving a hypothetical.  The fact of the matter is that so many different numbers are considered "special" to so many different users, they are a very hard item to price (and sell for that matter).

Full range isn't good. Rather keep it as it is now but of course I would prefer the craft # thing. Even a #1 team cpt is worth way more than 2 buds, it' still better than nothing.

Parazit claims a 20 bud offer on his #69 tc

1>69

Do what the spreadsheet did....

>10,000=x

6000-10000=x

3000-6000=x

1000-3000=x

500-1000=x

<500

Possibly make them all different items, in a sense, so they can be voted on by the community separately.

Aren't prices some what set though now? 11111-8000 less than 15 keys or some shit like that? (maybe not the very last one but you get my point)

I say do ranges of medal number

1, 2-5, 6-10, 10-50, 51-100, 101-500, 501-1000, and so on. there shouldn't be a price for every single craft number, that's just ridiculous.

Collector # (1, 13, 42, 69, 99, 100, etc) medals MIGHT require an exception but that would depend on Brad and willingness to do so.

• 5 weeks later...

Rather than spam a price suggestion on the site, I am suggesting here on the forums that the price of the medals have a bonus value applied to them based off of their numbers, akin to the Strange Parts giving a price bonus on strange weapons, the paint applying a bonus to a Painted Cow Mangler, and >#100 craft bonuses on crafted hats/miscellaneous items . The lower the number, the higher in value it is. (By low, I mean numerically low.)

There are going to be new traders who will not understand the significance of the prices of these medals, since these were applied via a promotion on a hidden page of the Classless Update, and only a very limited amount were handed out. Also, the Spreadsheet (save your pitchforks for something else) already acknowledges the differing price levels of these medals, and the prices for the medals here are based off of medals with a numerical value higher than 7000.

-bep-

You're in the wrong section for a website discussion and there is already a thread for this, which jymotion was kind enough to provide.

Poncho, go back to spewing out walls of text on key suggestions. I think you're confused and afraid here.

Topics merged, problem solved.

I think there should be a separate item in the database for each medal section; so you can suggest a price for X--XX, or XY--YY medals, etc.

I may be off but I had a simular idea elsewhere. A grid can be used that factors the multipliing effect a craft number (etc) hasvon any number. For example, let say that 69 generally increases an item by 3 times its base orice. Extend that to any item that gets that craft number.

Archived