[beware] dupes are doing the rounds again

DanielDee

Well, i was going to try and trade and buy an unusual but after recent trawling it seems i have come across a duped hat that was literally created/duped today

I stumbled  upon a trade in outpost. The guy selling was this fellow : http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/19737403#my

However it appears the hat originated previously from this person http://backpack.tf/u/76561198060511851

Hat concerned. http://backpack.tf/item/2145699917

Is there anyway to track who actually duped that hat?? Looking by the guys post on outpost he said the hat was on the market. So i assume the original owner gave/duped it to them via the market as there backpack value only went up today....

Patryk. What is in that first link. I only ask as it says i dont have permission to view it.....

Explanation on how to duplicate items. Idk if it actually works, though.

Well, i was going to try and trade and buy an unusual but after recent trawling it seems i have come across a duped hat that was literally created/duped today

Is there anyway to track who actually duped that hat?? Looking by the guys post on outpost he said the hat was on the market. So i assume the original owner gave/duped it to them via the market as there backpack value only went up today....

How dupes are made:

1) Person A gets hijacked

2) Person A then goes to steam

3) Steam runs a background check on his account to ensure he was actually hijacked and that this is his first offence

4) Steam "restores" their backpack once and ONCE only. All items have now been effectively "duped" because steam doesnt delete the "original" items (might have been traded...etc so unfair to the new owner)

There is no way to tell which item is the "original" and both hats are just "duped". In the past there have been exploits where a use can create dupes themself but it is now no longer the case. (EDIT: There was the giftwrap exploit, trading exploit and pretending to be a valve employee...etc)

I was trying that "glitch" and it is not working obviously:

A send trade offer to B

A send trade request to C

C open trade trade request

A and C put the same items in trade as trade offer from A to B

A and C ready up the trade

C (or A) click on "Make Trade"

B accept Trade offer from A

A (or C) click on "Make Trade"

The result is that trade offer is accepted and the manual trade end up with error "There was an error while comitting the trade. No items have been exchanged."

I was trying that "glitch" and it is not working obviously:

A send trade offer to B

A send trade request to C

C open trade trade request

A and C put the same items in trade as trade offer from A to B

A and C ready up the trade

C (or A) click on "Make Trade"

B accept Trade offer from A

A (or C) click on "Make Trade"

The result is that trade offer is accepted and the manual trade end up with error "There was an error while comitting the trade. No items have been exchanged."

you try too hard m8

None of you guys know about the gift-a-pult problem?

People were able to literally able to make gift-a-pult's able to unbox crates.

It was insane, the guys who fixed the problem were awarded the Sunbeams H.O.U.W.A.R and Sunbeams something (Can't remember.)

None of you guys know about the gift-a-pult problem?

People were able to literally able to make gift-a-pult's able to unbox crates.

It was insane, the guys who fixed the problem were awarded the Sunbeams H.O.U.W.A.R and Sunbeams something (Can't remember.)

What does it have to do with dupes and the other was a sunbeams wiki cap

Dupe doesn't matter and dupes exist because steam restores peoples backpack when they get hijacked

Yes, dupes do matter when it comes to higher tier trading.  There's a reason we don't use them for HOUWAR, High Tier Unusual, and Max suggestions.

If I were to for example dupe an unusual or something like that, would Valve do something? Such as deleting it / punishing you in some way?

Archived