Love and War Update

Grimes

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say something to do with special event items, which will be announced tomorrow.

Makes sense. Like the Scorched Crate.

They will be in crate. They will be expensive at first. They will be put into the drop system. They will drop like a fucking cow tripping off a mountain's edge, then I can easily find or buy one cheap. :P

The Bread items are definitely going to be expensive. I wonder is the normal items will end up in a crate with the update as well.

The weps (especially the Tide Turner, kinda op) are generally good. Still, what do you think the recipe for the Bread Box is? I'm curious about the sapper and the potential for it to be strange.

The weps (especially the Tide Turner, kinda op) are generally good. Still, what do you think the recipe for the Bread Box is? I'm curious about the sapper and the potential for it to be strange.

The Sapper will be in strange. All the Bread items will have strange counter-parts as the update leads us to believe.

For those that haven't noticed, look closely at the achievements.  Some of the parachute ones do not depict a soldier... but rather a demoman!  B.A.S.E Jumper is multiclass, but which slot will it equip to on the demoman?  I think in place of the standard 'nade.

For those that haven't noticed, look closely at the achievements.  Some of the parachute ones do not depict a soldier... but rather a demoman!  B.A.S.E Jumper is multiclass, but which slot will it equip to on the demoman?  I think in place of the standard 'nade.

That wasn't hidden, there was clearly two class icons beside it in the preview.

"Charge and fire shots independent of zoom" http://gyazo.com/be47a427ee5af07dabf1cca5ba9b1a12 Dafaq does that mean??

You do not have to zoom in to charge your shot, and therefore can headshot without scoping.  It's a no-scope rifle.  I don't no if it's designed so that you can't scope in at all, or if the scope/charge keys are different.

Scratch that.  I'll bet you still scope with right click, but it charges when you equip it.

Not to mention the solly and demo symbols behind it :P http://gyazo.com/fe89e5820a38160ce1513ea82e4c489c

That wasn't hidden, there was clearly two class icons beside it in the preview.

Oh well excuse me for pointing something out.  I wasn't saying it's hidden, like it's some sort of secret.  I'm making an observation and theorizing.  If that's not the point of this entire thread I'll see myself out.

Well, are you happy now? Are you finally happy to be sucking VALVe's dick with these new weapons? I hope so. You'll probably be back to complaining and whining within a few months or so.

All cynicism aside, I'd say that this is a pretty good batch of weapons. The parachute, as we've all mentioned, is pretty cool. I feel like the Tide Turner could become the new "volvo plz nerf" weapon in making Demoknights even more overpowered, and it should be hilarious to dick around with. The Back Scatter seems like the BFB 2.0, with the old stats (minus the speed decrease) and a stupid Backburner gimmick that only deals mini-crits for some reason, so I feel that it might be underpowered. The Air Strike seems like a more balanced Phlog (as a Rocket Launcher, of course) in that it actually does "skill = hax" right, and the Classic... well, instant headshots FTW, I suppose.

I am a little disappointed in the bread weapons, however. The weapons they chose for the reskins are okay (the Sapper in particular, which I think is better than the Strange Festive version), but why only 4? Why couldn't they have come up with more, like a Stickybread Launcher that shoots bread monster bombs, or a Breadi Gun that heals using baked bread monster aroma? Not to mention, I would have preferred for 2 of them (Mad Milk and Jarate) to essentially not be the same weapon.

However, this is already a really awesome update through these additions alone, and to think that there's still more to come. I bet that this is going to be heralded as the best TF2 update in a reeeeeaaaaallllllly long time.

I feel like the Classic is going to really change the sniper's role in tf2.

At most it will make a new side-class like the demo-knight. It will probably replace sydney sleeper as the go-to "bodyshotting" sniper.

I have mixed feelings on these new weapons.

- Back Scatter: This seems underpowered. You don't get much of an opportunity to catch someone from the back, and its a straight downgrade in normal combat situations versus stock. This needs a buff.

- The Tide Turner: It's a good idea, but honestly, as someone who mains demo, I'm sick and tired of seeing demoknight weapons instead of normal weapons (in 7 years, the only worthy non-demoknighting weapon that Valve has released for the demo is the Loch-n-Load, until the below weapon.) In its current incarnation, I think it might just render the original targe obsolete.

- The B.A.S.E. Jumper: This actually adds a new dimension to 2 classes (about time) and is finally a decent-looking non-demoknighting item for the demo. I am looking forward to using this.

- The Classic: It's about time snipers got a weapon that didn't require them to zoom to charge shots. I see tons of possibilities with this weapon, and most importantly, it adds a new dimension to the sniper class.

- The Air Strike: This seems oddly similar to the Liberty Launcher. Actually, I'd much rather use the Liberty Launcher than this weapons. My understanding is that you're supposed to use this in conjunction with the base jumper, but the "clip sized increased after kill" doesn't entice me a whole lot now. I guess I need to try it out to know for sure, but I'm not too big on this weapon.

Archived