Steam Community Groups promoting "malicious activity"

CheddarZX

Save the TF2 keys.

What have they done that's so bad the staff has to make sure backpack.tf users aren't the group?

Don't just say they're promoting malicious activity.

Give me the proof.

GIve me da shits.

Save the TF2 keys.

What have they done that's so bad the staff has to make sure backpack.tf users aren't the group?

Don't just say they're promoting malicious activity.

Give me the proof.

GIve me da shits.

Spamming comments on key suggestions. They can still vote.

Would you consider countless trades of selling keys on OP between 4-10ref (As soon the price will be 10 ref unless diverted from its course) spam? They aren't. We however are just 'grouped up' together into one group of people who are willing to sell and buy keys @~2.33-3 ref, we are allowed to create trades offering people sales on keys and buy keys from others on the agreed price within the group or outside, if found. We have that right. TF2OP is free for steam users and so is backpack.tf, all features that come to normal steam (un-donated) users come to all of us as well, no matter what group we are in.

Until this had happened: 

fudge.png

Denying us the right to vote and comment is the same as turning a democratic country into a dictatorship. The fact still stands that as members of those 2 groups, we are or rather should be allowed to post price suggestions (including key ones) and provide proof/counter-proof. Although I realise that some of our members have not been their best (i.e. posting useless price suggestions) most of us realise that for a suggestion to pass, proper proof must be presented. I personally do not think the price of keys will suddenly drop down 2 refined in a day, but in time changes can be made to lower the key prices bit by bit (If ever). Something has to be sorted out here.

On another note: Somehow, it seems that when the price is increasing, it is not considered price manipulation. However when someone makes an attempt to lower the key price by more than 2 scrap, it's considered price manipulation. I find that extremely weird. 

And lastly, as many countless comments on key price suggestions have said 'Voting is ignored as the people are biased' is partially true. But if it is ignored, what does it matter to those who wanted us gone? There are always going to be suggestions increasing the key price, they are always going to be downvoted (by most poor people/others) and the votes are just going to be moved to the side and ignored.

I honestly find that absurd that I have to either leave a group that I have joined for whatever reason to continue the use of this site to its fullest or stick to the cause I originally had in mind and lose certain possibilities just because of my choices and how I manage myself.

LilEdit: This argument is not about key prices, it's about our rights and what we deserve.

~~Tell me if there are any problems with this post as English is not my first language~~

Don't taze me bro,

hhiiss

Yeah, don't get all political. If I'm not mistaken, backpacktfgiveaway group was a scam trying to act as an official group of backpack tf. If you are an admin on that group, then you're not allowed on out community if you want to take advantage of out users. If you are just a member that got tricked, then that block will make you realize it's a scam.

About savethekeys. There are more than 1 of those groups, and only one was blocked. Why? Because it was loaded with posts about spamming key suggestions and encouraging users to vote against the market and for personal benefit. Yes, those who want to lower the prices of keys do so because they probably can't afford them or hose items that cost multiple keys. I don't earn anything extra because of the increase of key:metal ratio and I don't think anyone here does, contrary to what many think. So, that group is encouraging the spam of useless trades on outpost and useless votes on backpack.tf that only makes the job harder for us admins, as we have to go against the load of users voting for personal benefit. I'm glad those groups are banned, and I hope anyone who supports those ideas stay in the group so they can't access the site anymore.

About prices of keys dropping being rejected. Well, the prices of keys in refined is going up. It's like posting a price increase for the Splendid screen when clearly it's dropping. Even if you post 5 outlier trades of screens being traded at 6 keys, they are still being traded for less a lot more. 

If you think we're being unfair because there are more groups encouraging this kind of acts and we only banned that one, then let us know so we can ban the rest. 

they tried to remake a group. here it is:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/theinvisibleempire

Just trying to get Brad to see this. not trolling. 

Until they have more than 3 real members they're not anything to worry about. Banning them now would just have them make a new group. Better to wait until they have a substantial membership before taking action (prolly won't happen anyway given their poor planning skills)

I love how this is a study in rebel group formation. It took awhile fir Al Queda to become organized and effective. The best thing is to not ban a group but individuals.

I sense some hatred in that group towards outpost and backpack.tf users, suggestors and mods. I think that's also something to think about.

But, as always, people look for someone to blame, like in real life.

they tried to remake a group. here it is:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/theinvisibleempire

Just trying to get Brad to see this. not trolling. 

Don't worry, we're not interested in DDOSing or anything really. Just lowering the value of keys. 

If you consider us a threat just for that then that just proves that this site is controlled by children who want the value of their backpacks to rise in value.

That being said, I hold no grudge towards anyone here and that you should ignore something that isn't their.

Don't worry, we're not interested in DDOSing or anything really. Just lowering the value of keys. 

If you consider us a threat just for that then that just proves that this site is controlled by children who want the value of their backpacks to rise in value.

That being said, I hold no grudge towards anyone here and that you should ignore something that isn't their.

Let me make it very clear here; the mods do not consider any of these groups a "threat."

They are, however, a petty impediment to the operation of the site. The admins have a lot of suggestions to moderate and every substance-less suggestion takes away time we could be using for something important, especially if some users are intent on doing them en-masse.

Backpack.tf can't magically make items cheaper. These groups are welcome to try and change the market for the better or whatever, but spamming websites is both a malicious waste of resources and completely ineffective. If you want to do something useful go talk to Miss Galaxy; she's an economy major and I'm sure she'd love to help you fix things.

*finds 5 QSers at 4.66*

*attempts to lower keys and whines they are banned*

*ignores other 500 trades buying keys at 5 refined*

Guys, I thought I was pretty clear why the other group was banned: They were promoting spamming and other behaviour that would affect the use of community, fan-created websites. That's not welcomed. I looked a the group here and there doesn't seem to be any malicious intentions.

Archived