Strange TOD Ticket prices on Scrap.tf

¬°BurningKirby

Does anyone know why lately Scrap.tf has been selling Tour Of Duty tickets for so high and buying for so low? It seems like in the past they've followed the market pretty closely and for the most part they still do. The ticket prices seem to be an exception though. They're trying to buy at a price almost nobody will sell at(3.22), which you can see because they haven't got a single one in their inventory as of writing this, and they are attempting to sell for a price higher than the infamous bots on Tf2 Outpost(4.00). I really don't see the logic in this, and if anyone has an idea, please say it. It's so confusing to me. >.<

Thank you to anyone who is able to explain this.

i dunno... surprisingly i get the occasional personal that sells at 3:1 key... and when i bother to sell them i sell at 2:1 so the prices aren't completely unrealistic

They are a popular trading bot, with the summer sale coming close (when TOD tend to have a 50% off sale) they wont buy for "proper quick sale prices" because people would dump them to the bot. So making a unrealistic price which pretty much guarantees profit and people wont dump their TODs making their bot full of them when the sale does happen (ie making the bot's bp skydive)

They are a popular trading bot, with the summer sale coming close (when TOD tend to have a 50% off sale) they wont buy for "proper quick sale prices" because people would dump them to the bot. So making a unrealistic price which pretty much guarantees profit and people wont dump their TODs making their bot full of them when the sale does happen (ie making the bot's bp skydive)

Well I suppose that makes sense. Still seems like it would be better to close the gap a bit, because as is they're making 0 profit off of them from what I can see.

Well I suppose that makes sense. Still seems like it would be better to close the gap a bit, because as is they're making 0 profit off of them from what I can see.

They are practically making minimal profit off flipping TODs anyways? 

Normally the  price difference is around 1 scrap to a rec (Ill just take 0.22ref difference) that means they need to flip 5 TODs to make 1 ref (~0.24$) to make just 2.4$ they would need to flip 50 Tickets and 500 to make ~24$

Archived