Are Apple products supposed to break?

Mikusch

Like seriously, everyone is making jokes about how easily Apple products break. Maybe it is a well thought market strategy so people buy more Apple products.

What do you think about this?

I've never seen one of those jokes so I think your friends/the place you read it on is just being stupid.

Apples products don't break easier than any other tech-product do, it's just that most of them are not as easy to repar/as repairable, and their old iphones in cheap glass broke because kids think that they are tanks and because having a broken phone is cool and is a status symbol.

When a puppy chewed on the side of my ipad and damaged the bezel cracked the screen, I went online, bought a kit, fixed it for under fifty bucks. It wasnt even that hard.

The devices themselves? no.

The wires needed to operate and charge them? easily.

It's a way to keep you as a customer since you think "Oh, the wire to it just broke, I can get one without having to buy a whole new device"  You spend money on making sure the device is able to work while still thinking to yourself they make a quality product.

My family's been using iPhones for ages, and that's never happened to any of us. 

The devices themselves? no.

It's a way to keep you as a customer since you think "Oh, the wire to it just broke, I can get one without having to buy a whole new device"  You spend money on making sure the device is able to work while still thinking to yourself they make a quality product.

Only the mac chargers break easily, and thats only if you coil it around the coiling posts--in which case you can usually go to the apple store and just get a new one for free. 

The iphone itself is like kryptonite, it's hard to penetrate.

The charger wire however... That peice of shit is like string cheese, the charger head gets twisted up and the next thing you know, the wire breaks internally. Very shitty chargers, had to buy three before I was like F that. Now I roll with non apple chargers :P

Still use the charger as a USB for the PC though.

The iphone itself is like kryptonite, it's hard to penetrate.

The charger wire however... That peice of shit is like string cheese, the charger head gets twisted up and the next thing you know, the wire breaks internally. Very shitty chargers, had to buy three before I was like F that. Now I roll with non apple chargers :P

Still use the charger as a USB for the PC though.

What the fuck are you doing with it that you're damaging it....I've had an iPod touch for 6 years and the wire isn't damaged at all. 

Yeah they tend to be much more durable than some negative reviews on websites let on. For example, I've had my Ipod Touch for over 2 years now. It's literally in my pocket whenever there isn't any reason for it not to be, yet there is at most two scratches that are barely visible on the screen. The cords that came with it are still perfect too. The only thing I've had trouble with is the third party wall outlet adapter I bought, which will disconnect for no reason sometimes.

So no, I doubt they design the products to break easily. If they really broke that easily they would be nowhere near as widely used as they are today.

So no, I doubt they design the products to break easily. If they really broke that easily they would be nowhere near as widely used as they are today.

>beats

Beats are more "These rappers like them, so I need them!" than iPhones.

I was point out that beats break incredibly easily yet are still widely bought/used. 

I was point out that beats break incredibly easily yet are still widely bought/used. 

:P I use beats heheh. But ill admit, the bass is better in other headphones. I only bought them originally cuz of hype and cuz they looked kewl

iPhone 5 is pretty damn hard to break.

Aside from that they are pretty normal

Ye right, I've dropped my 5 alot on concrete and never seems to break.

Ye right, I've dropped my 5 alot on concrete and never seems to break.

Its funny cuz the previous iProducts's screens broke so easily. always

Generally Apple has a high build quality.

But yes, under certain conditions, the device will break (of course).

Also, if it is a market strategy, why would people buy more Apple products?

Generally Apple has a high build quality.

But yes, under certain conditions, the device will break (of course).

Also, if it is a market strategy, why would people buy more Apple products?

Cuz swaglets, yoloians, hipsters and white girls use iPhones

Cuz swaglets, yoloians, hipsters and white girls use iPhones

I swear that it is "cool" these days to have an iPhone with a cracked screen. Is it a trend or something? Just like in school how all the girls are bringing plastic water bottles into class. I don't understand...

I swear that it is "cool" these days to have an iPhone with a cracked screen. Is it a trend or something? Just like in school how all the girls are bringing plastic water bottles into class. I don't understand...

Anything that makes u badass becomes "cool". Its the 21st century mate.(lol, i shouldnt be able to say that, i never lived in the 20th century)

Archived