Gunslinger Buff

#Tech

"Undocumented changes
  • Dispensers now cost 70 metal when using the Gunslinger."

Valve... please no....

Why you do this...

Please no... 

Gunslinger op pls nerf quik...

I'm gonna assume the gunslinger buff not in the patch notes was a catastrophic accident (-30 cost dispenser)

just nerf the almighty fuck out of the mini-sentry already

180 degree rotation

shorter range

accuracy reduced

3 damage per hit at range

80 health

because that thing needs to die in one hit from any rocket launcher that isn't a cow mangler or liberty launcher

Why is this in general discussion?

And yes, it actually has a  pretty significant implication. Lets say you rolled on  a KOTH map or CP or something and plopped down a dispenser and mini. Now you go to that 100 ammopack and what can you build? Now you can build a tele exit. Metal is metal, and saving 30 metal on dispensers is pretty significant, especially when realizing how important dispensers are.

And no, it doesn't need a nerf. Its fine as it is; but I felt like the buff was unnecessary.

Why is this in general discussion?

And yes, it actually has a  pretty significant implication. Lets say you rolled on  a KOTH map or CP or something and plopped down a dispenser and mini. Now you go to that 100 ammopack and what can you build? Now you can build a tele exit. Metal is metal, and saving 30 metal on dispensers is pretty significant, especially when realizing how important dispensers are.

And no, it doesn't need a nerf. Its fine as it is; but I felt like the buff was unnecessary.

mini-sentry engineers don't build that shit though.

their entire strategy consists of "4, 1, M1" and then put their back into a corner and watch it shoot all the people trying to actually play the game.

^ Do u eben UGC?!?!

This is pretty big impact for engineers in competitive.

Dispensers are crazy viable, especially on KOTH. 

On KOTH Highlander, the dispenser tends to go down ALOT to spy saps, etc, so the -30 metal eventually adds up once your dispenser goes down, and you keep putting it back up.

This is a pretty cool update, but the mini sentry needs a nerf ;_;

(Wrangled minsentries are way too powerful)

remove the health upgrade too.

do all of the things I said to do to the gunslinger, and also remove the +25 health.

make this thing a fucking disaster of a weapon like the sharpened volcano fragment.

remove the health upgrade too.

do all of the things I said to do to the gunslinger, and also remove the +25 health.

make this thing a fucking disaster of a weapon like the sharpened volcano fragment.

yay add more useless shit to the game!

No, gunslinger is fine as it was.  Small sentry that's piss easy to take out as long as you're not a useless class [jumper soldier/demo primarily]

yay add more useless shit to the game!

No, gunslinger is fine as it was.  Small sentry that's piss easy to take out as long as you're not a useless class [jumper soldier/demo primarily]

the only soldier weapon that can one shot a fully built mini-sentry is the Direct Hit.

also if you have built a mini-sentry as an Engineer in the last 24 hours you don't get an opinion because you don't deserve basic human rights  :)

If you put down a mini-sentry, you are literally worse than Hitler and should be trialled for crimes against humanity. 

the only soldier weapon that can one shot a fully built mini-sentry is the Direct Hit.

also if you have built a mini-sentry as an Engineer in the last 24 hours you don't get an opinion because you don't deserve basic human rights  :)

How hard is it to fire two rockets in quick succession?

Your point is?  If you could one shot mini sentries there would be no use to even putting them up.  Minis are meant to be used as a quick, disposable defense that won't last long.  And just to piss you off, have this.

9pDQ7.jpg

How hard is it to fire two rockets in quick succession?

half of your loaded ammo on a ridiculous sentry that took less time to build than you will spend reloading those two rockets.

especially because another one will pop up as soon as it goes down, and you have to use your other two.

gunslinger is a fucking crutch and there's nothing anyone can say to disprove it.

I don't know why everyone hates it. It you have any knowledge at all you know its easy to take down a minisentry. Would you rather have a level 3 sentry shooting at you or a mini? It gives engineers a different play style , an offensive one, rather than just turtling behind a level 3 and whacking it all day. Having trouble with minisentries? Don't rocket jump at it, avoid it as a scout, charge up a sniper shot for 2 seconds, sap it, or put one sticky on it.

half of your loaded ammo on a ridiculous sentry that took less time to build than you will spend reloading those two rockets.

especially because another one will pop up as soon as it goes down, and you have to use your other two.

gunslinger is a fucking crutch and there's nothing anyone can say to disprove it.

Engie has no metal now, you can reload two rockets easily to kill him off, or just one and jump away.

And if anything, the gunslinger hurts the engie unless there's another on the team to support with a full nest.  Without it, you're a slow, weaker scout running around that can toss down easily destroyable sentries.  The only ones that complain about minis are the useless jumper soldiers because they don't have any way to fight back.

Also, with the refusal to have any other opinions than your own, I don't think public forums may be the best place for you to be.

I don't know why everyone hates it.

It's extremely easy to hate. A tiny thingy that can be built in a second, does quite some damage, has a big range, easy to hide, and is just in the way. It's a minor annoyance, but when the Engi puts up one every five seconds, you learn to hate it very quickly. Also, the Engi tends to run around with a pistol, so you have two "minor annoyances" packed into one. 

There are two reasons why I would deem the mini sentry as "unfair".

- Two can built in rapid succession, so essentially they can be spammed (which is why I personally think they should cost 10 extra metal to build).

- They have a smaller hit box compared to a regular level 1 sentry, making them a pain in the ass to hit.

My assumption is that they are trying to get gunslinger engies to build useful things since most of the time when going gunslinger they tend to ignore the basics.

Gonna be op in comp tho...

Dont worry kids. its been changed back to 100 metal for a dispencer

should have kept dispenser at 70 and increased mini to 130.

that would have solved almost every problem i have with that weapon, and made it more effective as a support strategy than a gameplay auto-pilot.

• Administrators

"Undocumented changes

• Dispensers now cost 70 metal when using the Gunslinger."

Valve... please no....

Why you do this...

Please no... 

Gunslinger op pls nerf quik...

I'm gonna assume the gunslinger buff not in the patch notes was a catastrophic accident (-30 cost dispenser)

Don't mini-sentries cost less than regular ones, though?

put down a mini, dispenser and still have enough for a widow shot or 2 circuit shots

If you put down a mini-sentry, you are literally worse than Hitler and should be trialled for crimes against humanity. 

There are two reasons why I would deem the mini sentry as "unfair".

- Two can built in rapid succession, so essentially they can be spammed (which is why I personally think they should cost 10 extra metal to build).

- They have a smaller hit box compared to a regular level 1 sentry, making them a pain in the ass to hit.

Just so that nobody gets misinformed...

Valve took the update back. Mistake on their part. Gunslinger is back to what it was.

http://www.teamfortress.com/?tab=updates

• Fixed being charged the incorrect amount of metal for a Dispenser when The Gunslinger is equipped

Archived