Need Help With Idea...

Santa Heavy

Idea by me here: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/1204-website-ideas/&do=findComment&comment=13112

Basically this is the gist of it.

swap.tf

Kind of like scrap.tf but you could swap your stuff for metal at the low value on backpack or equally priced items! c:

(it would involve bots probably. Or else it would just be trading lol.)

I was just throwing something out at Pixel at the time but I actually think it's a pretty sweet idea.

However there is something wrong...

I have little or no knowledge on how to even begin to start making this and I have little to know knowledge about web design.

Would anyone like to help me put this into motion?

This would be beneficial for a few reasons:

1. A lot of people have a hard time selling certain items, so this could help them get their extra stuff unloaded.

2. It would be complementary to backpack.tf because it would use their pricing. Although with updating prices maybe it would be better to have a staff of people and bots just incase the bots don't update.

3. People could obtain the items they want with more ease.

4. There would be no limit to what could be traded. People could trade anything they want.

5. Yolo.

6: I think it would make a decent sized splash in the community.

7. Why did I put a colon for six.

8. It would be really awesome to see how this worked out and what people would think about this.

9. You'd get hawt bitches. (unless your dog lives in a relatively cool area)

10. Ten is a nice number to end on.

Any help you guys could provide to make this dream a reality would be awesome.

Thanks for hearing me out.

If you are super serious,  http://steamcommunity.com/id/MizChan/ Made the TF2 outpost bots, and I'm sure he'll make you one for a fee, and I'm not talking about a 1-2 key fee it will cost IRL money. I'm also thinking about creating a website, I would recommend watching some tutorials and starting with http://www.weebly.com/ messing around, and then purchasing a domain & host. 

The most simple way to start includes:

- Buying the domain & host ( About $10-$12 for a yearly domain fee - $1-$5 a month depending on sales)

- Choosing a platform to begin (Essentially someone else's' code that you build on)

- The building tool yourself, instead of coding it, Wordpress by Google or numerous other web builds allow you to do it yourself.

BUT, that is pretty much all I know and I am very interested if any one else has opinions as well.

You have neither the capital, resources, patience, nor website experience to make such a site. I would try to find someone to pitch the idea to instead. Also this idea is poor because it lacks factoring in the relative demand for an item. I would simply use it to swap items in lower demand with other ones in order to sell something easier.

You have neither the capital, resources, patience, nor website experience to make such a site. I would try to find someone to pitch the idea to instead. Also this idea is poor because it lacks factoring in the relative demand for an item. I would simply use it to swap items in lower demand with other ones in order to sell something easier.

That would be one of the purposes.

I'd be willing to put in the hard work. Don't underestimate my patience.

"I would simply use it to swap items in lower demand with other ones in order to sell something easier."

That would be one of the purposes of it.

I'd actually like to hear Brad's opinion on this. His viewpoint would be very interesting to hear.

If you are super serious,  http://steamcommunity.com/id/MizChan/ Made the TF2 outpost bots, and I'm sure he'll make you one for a fee, and I'm not talking about a 1-2 key fee it will cost IRL money. I'm also thinking about creating a website, I would recommend watching some tutorials and starting with http://www.weebly.com/ messing around, and then purchasing a domain & host. 

The most simple way to start includes:

- Buying the domain & host ( About $10-$12 for a yearly domain fee - $1-$5 a month depending on sales)

- Choosing a platform to begin (Essentially someone else's' code that you build on)

- The building tool yourself, instead of coding it, Wordpress by Google or numerous other web builds allow you to do it yourself.

BUT, that is pretty much all I know and I am very interested if any one else has opinions as well.

OH DAMNIT I DOUBLE POSTED!

Thanks for the info c: I'll look more into it.

I'm just taking opinions atm until I decide to set this in motion or scrap this.

Except there are a few critical flaws you didn't account for. Firstly, buying at the low end often only leaves you with a scrap or 2 profit, which really isn't worth the time. Secondly, prices fluctuate, so what happens when you have a bunch of items that you bought at the low end and then all of a sudden that low end is now the high end. Thirdly, what about items with a flat price? Fourthly, you don't have the capital (or trading experience). 

In all honesty, it wouldn't make any sense unless you were paying 70% of the average, and then reselling for either the average or high end. Then you also need the capital (which would need to be quite a lot if you're going to deal with any/all items). 

P.s. Don't forget about stolen items, how are you gonna deal with that? or scammers? Also, whats to stop the bots from getting trade banned like the WH bots? 

Not needed. If u accumulate all of the resellers/quickbuyers u have the bot. There r enough online at any time to geta fair price.

Archived